Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company Image Stuck at 70  (Read 572 times)

Offline Johnr09

• Members
Company Image Stuck at 70
« on: September 22, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »
Can someone give me a tip on how to get my company image up?

My planes average 7 years old, they are in 97% condition average, and my airline is almost three years old.  I have been for a long time been spending more that 25% of my revenue on marketing.  ($200,000/week marketing on around $750,000 in revenues.)  But I can't get a credit rating above CCC and I can't get a reputation above 70%. 

Online LotusAirways

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Company Image Stuck at 70
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
Company image and credit rating are evaluated separately and the formulas are not disclosed. But by experience we know that too few planes (you only have 18) and airline age are considered.

One thing: 25% of revenue on marketing is a sure way of going bust. For comparison my airline spent 3.2% last (game) month for an image of 80, and that seems to be the optimal point.

Offline Johnr09

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:56:27 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  I'm more than happy to save money but I'm still a little perplexed.  I reduced my general marketing to $75,000 on $800,000 in revenues and my CI has slowly started to fall from 70 to 67.  82% on time, 1.5% cancellations. 

I had no idea about the number of planes having an influence on CI.  Please tell me more, I'm pretty new to this. 

Online LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
Tips... here is two:

See pic from my airline. Note that I open up the first marketing campaign even before getting any planes, first day. This is because the marketing price will go up as the airline becomes more complex (more routes, more planes, more staff) but stays anchored to the initial price.

Also, on the first day I increase manually the number of Corporate communications staff to obtain as fast as possible "Efficiency of your staff is currently: 103 %". You may need to have 2 or 3 staff too many in the initial game months to get 103%, and then just leave staff hiring on automatic.

Offline Johnr09

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 12:00:33 AM »
I always thought that the only thing that mattered was how much you spent on marketing as a percentage of sales. 

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 06:31:26 AM »
I always thought that the only thing that mattered was how much you spent on marketing as a percentage of sales.

No, and it's logic. If a small company spends 10% of its budget in terms of marketing, it won't be as well known as a huge company who spends 5%. In current Game 3, I'm transporting 40M passengers a year with 7 bases in Europa. One of my opponents in Nice carried 570k passengers previous year, and should stay below 2M this year. There is no way its company can be as known as mine.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.