Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Max flight number  (Read 715 times)

Offline flerk

• Members
Max flight number
« on: September 19, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
HELP!

Everytime I try to open a new route I get the error that the max flight number is #65535. I once added a route number manually because the fit number wouldn't adjust automatically to a route modification and after that every new or edited route by default jumps to 65537!

Anyone know how to fix it?

Online schro

• Members
Re: Max flight number
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
The programmer of the game should probably store the flight numbers in something larger than a 16 bit integer within the database.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 03:16:19 PM »
HELP!

Everytime I try to open a new route I get the error that the max flight number is #65535. I once added a route number manually because the fit number wouldn't adjust automatically to a route modification and after that every new or edited route by default jumps to 65537!

Anyone know how to fix it?

Did you maybe enter 65535 as that flight number (or something larger that got reduced to that No.)?

Look through your routes for that number, if you find it, edit it, problem should be fixed; if you don't, make a bug report.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 03:19:37 PM »
Did you maybe enter 65535 as that flight number (or something larger that got reduced to that No.)?

Look through your routes for that number, if you find it, edit it, problem should be fixed; if you don't, make a bug report.

Doubt that will help. What's happening is that the value in the database (or application layer) can only store the numbers 0 to 65535 (aka 2 to the 16th power). When the value exeeds the maximum the game isn't handling this elegantly, thus the wonky behavior. Storage for that value must be increased, as my assumption is sami assumed no airline would ever be crazy enough to have more than 65k routes.

Offline flerk

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 04:10:24 PM »

I probably just entered 99999 or something to get that route up and runnning. I'll try to look for that route and change it but I doubt it will help but worth a try.

@Schro: If that's the case this game world will be a major pain.

Edit: It worked! Thanks Jona! Blood pressure back to normal. Chance of stroke lessened by 64%
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:12:33 PM by flerk »

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »
I probably just entered 99999 or something to get that route up and runnning. I'll try to look for that route and change it but I doubt it will help but worth a try.

@Schro: If that's the case this game world will be a major pain.

If the system is willing to store 99999 when entered manually, then there's a problem in the auto number function. Basically a bug. File a big report on it and it should be an easy fix. ld file but don't want to steal your credits for helping

Offline flerk

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 04:17:58 PM »
If the system is willing to store 99999 when entered manually, then there's a problem in the auto number function. Basically a bug. File a big report on it and it should be an easy fix. ld file but don't want to steal your credits for helping

It didn't store. It automatically lowered it to #65535 which was the max and after that every new route went to the highest route number and then stopped because of the limit. When I edited the #65535 to something much lower the default route went to #35000 something. There are only a few 5 digit routes in my game so once I edit them everything will be back to normal.

Is it still considered a bug then?

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
It didn't store. It automatically lowered it to #65535 which was the max and after that every new route went to the highest route number and then stopped because of the limit. When I edited the #65535 to something much lower the default route went to #35000 something. There are only a few 5 digit routes in my game so once I edit them everything will be back to normal.

Is it still considered a bug then?

Yeah. Post up in the bug forum and earn yourself a couple credits for it!

Offline flerk

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
Yeah. Post up in the bug forum and earn yourself a couple credits for it!

Ait. Cool.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.