The free trial

Started by pumaplayssd, September 10, 2015, 08:25:36 PM

pumaplayssd

Dear Airwaysim moderator
I love the idea of managing my own airline and i understand why it would cost money
To keep up and running (as well as to pay hard working employees) but can you have some in game way to earn coins, if there is a way, tell me.

P.S. If this in the wrong section, i am deeply sorry for doing so, and if possible can you move it to its
       Proper place.

~Puma

schro

On a fairly rare basis, users will be awarded with credits for assisting in the bugs forum (specifically, those who have bugs that were closed because they were valid bugs), however, that should not be relied upon as a way of funding your gameplay. If you want to play, you'll have to pay up....

pumaplayssd

Well that sucks because hate almost every pay to win game

schro

Quote from: pumaplayssd on September 10, 2015, 09:54:13 PM
Well that sucks because hate almost every pay to win game

This isn't a pay to win game though. It's pay to play. Often times, folks that are new and don't follow the guides and get help pay to lose a lot before they start winning.

pumaplayssd

Pay to win pay  to play, winning this game is making a good airline, but you have to pay to get a timeline that allows you to win

Kadachiman

Unlike most games this game is very cheap to play
Your money lasts a long time here and in my opinion it is great value for your money game

Sami

Quote from: pumaplayssd on September 10, 2015, 09:54:13 PM
every pay to win game

There is really nothing 'pay to win' in the AWS concept since you cannot gain any advantage from paying more (which is pay to win's definition). So you cannot pay more to get more money or more planes etc. (everyone has a level playing field here)

The game fee is purely for the sim's usage / access, sort of "game subscription fee". (which you only pay when you have actually joined to some game)

The manual and profile pages have also a bit more info about the Credits:
https://www.airwaysim.com/Profile/FAQ
https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/General/Credits/

Cost to play is around 0.1usd/eur per day if you play longer than a few weeks, so that's not much..

pumaplayssd

Hey i know a minecraft server made up of several hundred servers that makes all of its money off vip and donations, why cant you do that. Trust me it probably cost more to keep that up than this...

Snidson

Quote from: pumaplayssd on September 11, 2015, 03:07:02 PM
Hey i know a minecraft server made up of several hundred servers that makes all of its money off vip and donations, why cant you do that. Trust me it probably cost more to keep that up than this...
If you don't think AirwaySim is worth a very small fee each week, I hardly think you would be one of the donors if it was to be funded by donations.  ::) This game is a bargain and worth every cent, If you don't agree I suggest that you abort your approach and fly somewhere else.

pumaplayssd

A bargain is this stuff for free or just for an originall cost, that server doesnt need me to donate and not a lot of people do because its vip is huge. You see make the beginers world free forever but limit the feature. I wanta response from someone that is on the free trial before any more people who pay speak. The game is pay to win because it is pay to play you cant win in the free trial therefore you must pay and come on. You shouldnt have to pay a rate for this why not if anything make it up front. I love this Site and the game itself. But i want to play it for more than 7 days and i dont have the resources to continue.

Forgive my spelling i blame it on my dog.

Sami

You see make the beginers world free forever but limit the feature.

We had that trial model in use years ago - very short demo games with limited features. It created rather much unnecessary admin work and it's very much better to run a longer and fully featured game which you can play for free for a limited time among "real" players (and not just with others trying out the game for a few days). This way you can experience all the features and see better what the other players are doing in long term. And if you wish to continue playing for longer than for that free 7 days you can then continue that seamlessly with the same airline in the same game world.

QuoteThe game is pay to win because it is pay to play you cant win in the free trial

Again, no it is not. You cannot pay (more) to gain advantage (like pay to get better aircraft), and it is not 'pay to win'.

The free trial is only a demo mode of the game which you can use to sample the system before purchasing access to it. And the free trial players are not even meant to fight for the "winning" of that particular game world (since they can play only 7 days of the ~60-80 days of the scenario). The whole concept of the simulation is pay to play (game world based subscription fee).

AirwaySim will not be based on donations or banner advertisement income, since those models do not have a sustainable method of supporting the costs with such a limited player base, since this game is aimed for a very small target market (online tycoon games about airlines vs. online first person shooter for example .. which do you think appeals for the very big masses?).

The fee to play the game is about $0.1 per day. If one cannot afford that, then all I can say is that I'm sorry and I can't help you since there are no freebies here and it really cannot be any cheaper. (20 credits = ~$11.5 -> gives 16 weeks play time in single scenario -> $0.1/day)

pumaplayssd

Man did you even read my last comment you cannot win in free trial, therefore you have to pay, therefore if you want to win or even lose you, you must pay

Also, i mean really also, if you devoting your entire life to this, then dont, its a fun game in all but you should not use as your primary source of income, just saying.

I have two statements:

1: 7 days in game time is as long as most of these airlines would be a thought.

2: goddarnit lbsg (that minecraft server) make more money using donations and vip than this despite there target age is 7-15

pumaplayssd

I would also like to say thank you to the employees that responded it really means that someone pays attention to this kind of stuff.

[ATA] Hassel

Quote from: pumaplayssd on September 13, 2015, 03:42:28 PM
Man did you even read my last comment you cannot win in free trial, therefore you have to pay, therefore if you want to win or even lose you, you must pay

Also, i mean really also, if you devoting your entire life to this, then dont, its a fun game in all but you should not use as your primary source of income, just saying.

I have two statements:

1: 7 days in game time is as long as most of these airlines would be a thought.

2: goddarnit lbsg (that minecraft server) make more money using donations and vip than this despite there target age is 7-15

Hi Puma,

First of all just because you pay doesn't mean you will 'win' the game. All it means is that you will be able to play the game until the end. i.e.. its more like a pay to play game....

but just to clear up the phrase "pay to win", then this is what you get when looking it up in the dictionary:

QuoteGames that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

...and that is never the case with AWS. AirwaySim is and has never been a game where you can pay to win.

pumaplayssd

You, cant, win, without, paying.

Does anyone see that

You cant win in seven days, therefore you have to pay to win

Pilot Oatmeal

Quote from: pumaplayssd on September 14, 2015, 02:34:17 PM
You, cant, win, without, paying.

Does anyone see that

You cant win in seven days, therefore you have to pay to win

There are no winners in this game, it is a sandbox game where you can build an airline of your choice... Whether that be a full service mega carrier at a huge hub, or a low cost carrier at numerous bases, or a regional carrier using 50 seat jets, or even a commuter under 19 seat airline.  This is a business simulation, yes there is competition but you can only win by completing your own objectives... you set the aim.  You can win if your aim is to run an airline for a week in the free trial.

You won't win, this is a pay to play game... Would you say that FIFA or Battlefield, or Call of Duty would be a pay to win game? No because you have to pay to buy the game (pay to play).  So please stop trying to be cheap, either pay up, or shut up. 

Thanks.

pumaplayssd

There us a difference between an up front cost and a rate, winning is getting the highest possible score.

Pilot Oatmeal

No, winning is not getting the best score.  Winning might be running a profitable Cessna 208 airline, or it might be having a profitable all Russian fleet, it could even be just surviving. 

Winning for Ryanair is different than winning for BA, winning for Cape Air is different than winning for Delta...

Than don't pay the rate, but don't come here to tell us that it's a pay to win game when I (among a few others) have corrected you. 

pumaplayssd

Whoa how did you know about cape air, does exist or are you referencing a defunct airline i made?

pumaplayssd

Man cape air exist... Well you learn something new everyday