Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Intermediate scenario between beginner and longer ones  (Read 387 times)

Online Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/
Intermediate scenario between beginner and longer ones
« on: September 08, 2015, 01:11:45 PM »
I'm nearly completing the second beginner world of my Airway Sim career ending up with some considerations.

I could manage more airplanes of what I have so far (115), let's say I could manage double of them, maybe three times, but Not more due to the lack of time I can dedicate to the game.

this is what scares me, and what stops me to challenge myself in a complete scenario that could last 40 years. Dropping into a already started bring some othe considerations like the difficulty to find a suitable airport and so on.

All this to say that I would really appreciate an Intermediate Scenario, longer than the beginner one, (20, 25 years max) that could last up to the last years planned in the game, it seems 2020 starting 1995-2000.

This is just an example, but I would consider it pretty sexy from my point of view.

Many thanks for reading.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Intermediate scenario between beginner and longer ones
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »
We do run such shorter games periodically. One just started a few days ago, The Early Days.

The theme and time period of these shorter games changes always but they are usually 1.5-3 months long. So it's not always a modern game (especially now when many of the longer games are in the modern/present era) or a full world game, and the shorter games usually have also some twists in the settings to make them more interesting.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »
There's nothing wrong with joining a game already in progress if you want a shorter total experience. GW1 has 29 years left, GW2 has 14 years left and GW3 has 18 years left. I would say that this is a poor time to join GW1 as 9/11 is coming soon and there's been a ton of competition in that one, however, I bet it'd be fairly easy to find a good starting airport in GW2 that would let you learn more about the larger game worlds as there's a number of good locations there without a strong airline already playing.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »
You can also choose a smaller market, like Jordan, or Peru. You can't field thousands of planes in those market. You'll still have a lot of opposition from outside, so the competitive aspect of normal GWs is there, but you're not gonna have huge fleets.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »
I do agree that more short term games, set in different time periods, would help many of us that cannot dedicate long term time to the games of months at a time. It is also rational, for the funding of all the whole concept of Airwaysim, as most long term games, people drop out, with as few as 1/3rd of the capacity, that's a reduced income for all the hard work done over the years to develop these games.

I think it would be great Sami, if we could have one short term 2-3 months going all the time, one after another has finished. I think you would pick up a captured audience, and not have the extreme drop outs and Euros not contributing to the game. I certainly can and would dedicate a short game, to to be honest the larger game longer game players dominate the game, it becomes boring, and pretty too much long term if you have a full time job.

So, please more games, = more players active= more enjoyment= more cash generated.
Everyone wins?

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »
Funny part is that the Early Days game is a great intermediate game. Good competition and good pax loads.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.