AWS v.1.1 updates

Started by Sami, February 18, 2009, 02:46:09 PM

Sami

More previews of the user interface of the aircraft ordering menu. Progress has been a bit slow but I have been tweaking the user interface so that you can customize the order completely and also that any errors are clearly pointed out.

This page is now finally nearly almost complete. After that I have to do the editing of existing orders and also some calculation functions still.

Ordering aircraft options (ie. optional order) will not be included yet but support for them already basically exists.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sami

I'm pleased to announce that a test v.1.1 game is running on the server now. It's hidden from everyone still, and I'm just testing that the basics work properly.

There are still a couple of pages left to be done and coded (biggest of them is the order editing page where you can change the order specs after having made the order, and second is to verify the production line slot movements over time). I will post information here once further updates are made. Timeframe for v.1.1 launch is approx. 1 week. (needs a bit of beta testing first)

There has been a slight delay over the original schedule caused by problems at my development server/computer (v.1.1 was supposed to be out in tomorrow or so) but things are progressing as you can read ....

Sami

• Improvement: Aircraft on order page is completely rewritten to cope with the new ordering system. It is still missing the functions for order editing and cancellation but those will be included in near future.

Some nice fading effects on the tabs too on this page ;)

Sami

Pending orders can be cancelled now too .. if delivery is more than 6 months away. Cancellation either one by one (picture) or many at once (by checking the boxes on right..)

Sami

• New feature: Ability to edit aircraft order after the order has been made.

(fees apply .. it's always more expensive to change the order afterwards)

Sami

And that feature above completes the updates for v.1.1 game engine. The games will be launched on this friday, see other news on that.

There may be other fine-tuning and small improvements but for this version all major features are now completed. The decisions about next versions or future updates has not been made yet - those will be announced at a later time.

Sami

Forgot to mention this before .. but here goes:

• Improvement: Adjustments to pax calculation.
    • Seat config type is now very much more effective. You cannot get a longhauler to work in HD seat config anymore. Generally HD seats work in flights less than 60 mins, and standard seats in ~3 hrs flights max (Y class).
    • Effect of company and route images also increased. (0-image level is harder)

Sami

• Bugfix: Loan payments in the system were wrong and they were disabled for the last ~20 hours. The bug is fixed and payments are going out again normally.

Sami

• Improvement: Changed how the great circle lines are calculated on the route maps application (no longer counted at server-end but by the map application itself). Large maps should load faster but downside may be that gc. lines on long routes are not so smooth anymore.

Sami

• New feature: Aircraft range map. Click on the globe icon to view the map popup .. Centers at your home base.

Also updated the new aircraft listings a bit. The quoted range is with the factory standard configuration. View the payload vs. range charts to get the more detailed range information.

Sami

• Improvement / Fix: Aircraft insurance cost system calculation improved. Calculation is now specific for each individual plane instead of fleet groups. The insurance premium is paid according to the true value of each plane, compared to the average value from fleet group previously.

This may cause a small change of +/- 5% in the insurance costs. But it's now more accurate than before.

Sami

• Improvement: Making the mouse over tooltips a bit more better looking ...

The update is so far only visible on aircraft view pages (like 'my aircraft').

Sami

• New feature: Seat config graphics introduced. Each seat type is represented with a graphical icon of the seat - thanks to our user martimolti.

The icons are added to the Manual and are also visible at the tooltip popup at 'my aircraft' page (hover mouse over the seat config row).

Sami

• Improvement / Fix: Updates to used aircraft system.

* Brokers lower the prices of the planes faster than before if they are not sold.
    * Brokers also get the plane off the market quicker if it's not sold.
    * Fix in C check timing when brokers put up planes for sale.