Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] LF stays low on high frequency routes  (Read 372 times)

Offline vortex787

• Members
[-] LF stays low on high frequency routes
« on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:15 AM »
Hi there,

I do not know if this has been discussed on the forums before, but I think I found a bug.
I am running the track PHNL-PHOG 23 times daily on DC-3 every 30 minutes. The RI is at 100 and demand is about 700. Supply is 690, I am the only airline on this route. Still I experience LF's around 50%. The aircraft is not too small for the route (at least no message was shown when I created the route, flight time one-way is 1h20min). Clearly this shows that the demand is not 700 as described. The demanding passengers have to say the least plenty of flights to chose from. However only about 350 potential passengers are actually flying.
Simple question: How is that possible?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:17:00 PM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: LF stays low on high frequency routes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 12:09:50 PM »
Your frequency is far too high for the demand and you're getting hit with a nerf gun for it.

Offline vortex787

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 12:14:04 PM »
Your frequency is far too high for the demand and you're getting hit with a nerf gun for it.

Thank you for your quick reply. Probably to max out the demand, I have to use larger aircraft on a slower frequency schedule. I adjusted my flightplan out of PHNL to an 1-hour frequency, let's see how that changes things!

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:19 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply. Probably to max out the demand, I have to use larger aircraft on a slower frequency schedule. I adjusted my flightplan out of PHNL to an 1-hour frequency, let's see how that changes things!

Good point. Forgot the flight spacing being too close for demand as well. You really need over 2000-2500ish demand to make 30 minute spacing. So that's probably nerfing you on top of the high frequency.

So yes get bigger planes and in the mean time, become very proud of your seats and demonstrate that with some good old fashioned price gouging.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 02:16:56 PM »
Yes, like previous posters mentioned, not a bug. (though this feature could take the game year into account, but currently it's not that smart)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.