Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New aircraft deliveries  (Read 1082 times)

Offline cunim58

• Members
New aircraft deliveries
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »
Is there any way to agree or define a strict delivery schedule for new aircraft purchases before hitting the enter key? Can you agree a delivery schedule that is delayed to suit expansion plans for you airline, or are you stuck with the unilateral schedule decided by the game? Earlier than planned deliveries (and consequent payments) can REALLY screw up the best laid plans.........

Any advice would be very gratefully welcomed.....

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: New aircraft deliveries
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 05:05:53 AM »
There's currently no specific method to lock a certain predefined delivery date. (in real life the deliveries are also rather flexible, and usually initially given only as a one month window (="it will be ready some time during this month probably"), and the actual date will be specified a few weeks before delivery .. but naturally the airlines can defer the delivery if they are not able to pay it yet, but we don't have such here yet)

Offline cunim58

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:41:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sami. I figured that was the case. Lesson learned....

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 06:58:58 PM »
Trouble is when leases are about to expire and slots are about to be lost. We miss the option to make very short lease extensions - even for a prohibitive price. In case the production list suddenly does not look as it seemed to look(no matter who made the mistake, the manufacturer or the buyer)

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 07:24:14 AM »
Actually the delivery date is confirmed 6 month before delivery (that's what I am facing now), but I've never had much hassle with that... I know that 6 months before an a/c is delivered to me, that I'll need to make arrangements to either renew a leasing, cancel it beforehand (and pay a penalty if necessary, but I can always store the a/c) and so on. It is not a perfect game, but you can work around the bends and make the quirks work for you without loosing too much money.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.