Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Price management confused by price changes  (Read 306 times)

Offline RustyVenture

• Members
[-] Price management confused by price changes
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »
X-posted from BW forum, original thread is here:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,60278.0.html

When I go into Manage Routes, and change the price of a flight, if I then go back into the flight pricing details a minute later, it is as if the price change has not happened.

When I do manage to get a price change to show up, if I go back into the flight details an hour later, it has reverted to the old price, but the Destination View price and the price of the individual flight don't match.

The result is that I have many flights with a Load Factor of 100%, but for which the number of available seats equal the demand, for which I cannot raise the price.

What am I doing wrong!?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:39:00 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Price management confused by price changes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »
You need to tell step by step what you are doing / trying..

(The pricing tools are working but you are most likely just misunderstading something)

Offline RustyVenture

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »
1. Go to "Destination View" and edit price of all flights PHL-LAS. Let's say increase from $300 to $320.

2. Go into each individual flight PHL-LAS and see that the price has updated to $320.

3. Go back to Destination View and see that the price still shows as $300.

I can do this multiple times, the individual flights keep showing the new number while Destination View keeps showing the old number.

No matter what adjustments I make to the price, LF never seems to change; I can have a route at 150% seat supply, priced at 2x the original suggested price, and LF remains at 100%. But revenue does not increase, so it's not just a case of me being able to charge insane prices!  ;D

The result is that I cannot raise my prices, which means I'm missing out on a lot of profit while my flights go out 99% full.

So... where am I going wrong?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »
#3 - the destination view shows always the default price for the routes, since you may have many different routes to that destination and each of the routes may have different price (so in that sense the default is the only value that can be shown there).

The prices are updated, as you see in step 2.

Offline RustyVenture

• Members
Re: [-] Price management confused by price changes
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:13:12 AM »
That doesn't make any sense.

1. If I have three different flights PHL-LAS, and I raise them all to $320, why would the Destination View still show $300?

2. If I use the Destination View tab to change the price, it changes every flight on that route, so why would it not also change itself to the new, correct number?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.