» Credits FAQ

Poll

Pick one...

The game is too "short", less than 17 years
No large airplanes on the used market
My buddies are not playing
The Brabazon is not available
All the above

Author Topic: Why so few players?  (Read 1353 times)

Online LotusAirways

• Members
Why so few players?
« on: August 31, 2015, 12:35:20 PM »
At the time of writing the game is 3 months old and there are only 113 active players. The big names are not participating. I am wondering why. 

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Why so few players?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:22:51 PM »
I have 4 other small regional airlines in other game worlds that I'm managing. There's not enough time for more.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »
@ Lotus: there are no large airplanes on UM, because there are no large a/c yet.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »
I have 4 other small regional airlines in other game worlds that I'm managing. There's not enough time for more.

70 B767, 339 F100, 354MD90 in GW3..... Yeah, small regional airline. You could easily manage another world.  ;D

Hell, I'm overwhelmed with just 1 company and no real 7-days schedule. Don't have time for another game.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 01:29:46 AM »
im on holiday
will join soon ;)

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 12:42:12 PM »
You forget one possibility...

Tech-stops are annoying.

Offline CarlBagot

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 09:13:38 PM »
Definitely because we don't have the brabazon  8).  More seriously,  cause they are probably on vacation / tied up with other gws.

Online [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 12:12:02 AM »
vacation came in the way... was actually looking forward for this one

Offline Andre

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 04:38:12 AM »
The reason I'm not participating in that gameworld is the doubling of the realistic pax numbers. That really puts me off.

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 11:03:26 PM »
im on holiday
will join soon ;)

No wonder it's so damn quiet  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 12:15:16 PM »
I tried the shorter games when I started, then a long game having decided I like it.  I soon found the easy games far too easy and actually didn't teach me much about the long game methods and tactics.
This one, with double the Pax numbers in a time scale where the big 4 prop aircraft work well, and so few players.  it's not going to be a learning curve, more of a leisure game, just for fun.  Enjoy, but not for me.  At the moment.  I do remember Sami saying these easy games were for new players, requesting the big players don't dominate them. Mmm.
11Air

Offline FloF

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 07:39:57 PM »
Multiple reasons, no of them is in the poll
a) I have already 3 airlines running and would rather go down to 2 than up to 4.
b) I think that the choice of planes in the early days is not attractive, e.g. the Ju-52 is missing as far as I know and many other planes
c) Also, back then the airline system probably worked quite differently with a lot of stop-overs (i.e. flights over many destinations), and postal / freight flights were very important to I guess.

Altogether for me the feeling of the simulation doesn't match with the spirit of the early days. And double pax numbers is just the cherry on the cake...

Offline FloF

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »
Ok, the Ju52 is in. But it was added only very recently, right?

Another reason I didn't join: 5cr just to have a look... I wouldn't mind paying after 1 or 2 game years in such an "experimental" scenario. But not just to have a look...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 12:26:44 PM »
Another reason I didn't join: 5cr just to have a look...

Again, no.  ;D

Like the confirmation dialog says when you press 'join game', you can fully play the game for free for 30 minutes. You need to pay the 5Cr when you join but you get the 5Cr back if you leave before 30mins is full...

Offline Air Azure [President and CEO]

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
Sami, Create a long game world starting from 1945/50 and I will pay 20 credits and fall in love with you! :P

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 12:33:11 AM »
I like the short games, I think there should be a short game for every 3 or 4 long games

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 04:46:54 AM »
 I am in it and enjoying it ...except for the fact that you can start anywhere (which is silly), and the pax demand numbers are also a bit silly. I agree again with AIR AZURE. Start it in 1945 and have correct demand ..even if we have DC 3it  for 8 years. Bit lets be as historically accurate as possible, and difficulty is not a minus. The harder the better!!!

Offline Frederik

• Members

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 09:53:23 AM »
The problem with the "real" 1950 demand is that it was (and should) be served by
a. multi-stop flights
b. low frequency (not always daily)

+ do not forget that the initial US flights where mail routes which also additionally could carry passengers!

The way AWS currently is set up is that it requires you to serve the city pair daily (demand from days not flown is "lost") and that you can only schedule single point to point flights (and technical stops carry a 21st century demand penalty)

I would love to play in a 1950s scenario but given these two biases in the game, I am not even trying!
Swiss quality all over the world

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 02:34:00 AM »
Since it is a game an not real life...this game scenario can only be described as awesomeness incarnate..or rad your pick.

But I am really liking this scenario

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.