Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A/C with no range  (Read 338 times)

Offline we74

• Members
A/C with no range
« on: August 30, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »
This Game is very hard to find routes you can fly.Even with 2 stops you can't reach your destination. Based in Asia is impossible. Can't even reach Bangkok from Singapore with two tech stops with current A/C. Can't open any routes from Singapore with DC-3, the only type on the used market.
/ Anders V.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: A/C with no range
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 08:49:43 PM »
SIN-BKK distance is 780 nm (demand ~600/day) and DC-3 range is 260nm with full load. Two techstops per leg allowed so 260+260+260 is exactly 780nm .. though techstop airports aren't usually just on the route so a minor payload penalty will happen.

Search for routes within 500-600nm - there are plenty of them (= hardly impossible in my mind).

(the system and interface does support more techstops than just two but it hasn't been yet tested, and not yet available)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:52:51 PM by sami »

Offline kberry

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 11:36:07 PM »
You may also try looking harder at the used market... there are plenty of used C46's and Martin 2-0-2's plus a few Boeing 307's currently available on the used market... all with a 600+ mile range. That would make it a little easier to cover your routes.

Offline tcrlaf

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »
I like this...
No LR aircraft available at the beginning, you have to build them.

Cuts the advantage of the no-job crowd that can look at the used market every 20 minutes, scooping up the 'good" aircraft, in the beginning.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.