Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Team SAMI - Alliance Score System  (Read 1845 times)

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: Team SAMI - Alliance Score System
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »
Well I've eased my turnaround times and got my RI's down to 97 at worst. Pfofits still low so I've dumped low profit routes, shuffled the remainder and dumped spare aircraft.  Decent profits now so I had a look at my RI, expecting reasonable figures.
No.  53 is the lowest route, but I'm not flying that route, nor the next one.

My CI is negative too but that's because I daren't pay for marketing until my profits recover.  So is the Alliance Score being damaged by my low RI and CI values in spite of the decent profits I'm making.

Advice please.

11Air

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 06:44:56 PM »
My CI is negative too but that's because I daren't pay for marketing until my profits recover.

Umm, you MUST have marketing campaigns. Otherwise your company image won't rise (AWS 1-0-1..).  ..(or it will rise, but veeery slowly after it reaches zero)

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 06:47:47 PM »
Well I've eased my turnaround times and got my RI's down to 97 at worst. Pfofits still low so I've dumped low profit routes, shuffled the remainder and dumped spare aircraft.  Decent profits now so I had a look at my RI, expecting reasonable figures.
No.  53 is the lowest route, but I'm not flying that route, nor the next one.

My CI is negative too but that's because I daren't pay for marketing until my profits recover.  So is the Alliance Score being damaged by my low RI and CI values in spite of the decent profits I'm making.

Advice please.

11Air

To help your alliance score, please review this page of the manual - http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Others/Alliances/#Score

As you can see, RI is not counted. CI is counted, but only for the top 25 airlines. Given the size of your airline, you can't afford to hit the top 25 unless you get into long haul and grow significantly. The only stat that you're in the top 25 on is load factor, where you're #24, earning 2 variable points for your alliance.

Honestly, if you focus on the variable scores and not on building a strong airline, then you'll end up running yourself into the ground. It's been established that your lack of alliance score is from your cumulative score, which only counts alliance size over time, staff strikes, maint fines and bankrupting members. That's the hardest one to build as variable can fluctuate from quarter to quarter - that's best to manage at the end of the game...

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »
Hey Trev matey

I'd give up if I were you, there is no shame in admitting defeat, I dumped you in the deep end didn't I? But you wanted the experience in trying to run an alliance didn't you? So I obliged, just learn from your mistakes, watch the airlines that are under you, if they are getting close to bankruptcy kick them out, I have always made it clear to everyone that they have to leave the alliance if they are getting close to bankruptcy, if not they get the size 12.
So over to you my friend, dissolve the alliance, before you have a heart attack with all the stress.  ::) By the way you know you always bounce back  :laugh: :laugh:

Rick

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 06:03:34 PM »
Well, I seem to have several routes with low RI's and no aircraft assigned, no routes for them, they are just contributing to my woes.
Any idea any one?

Offline freshmore

• Members
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 11:03:57 PM »
Get down to three fleets, the commonality cost reduction will probably be worth it. I had it earlier in game with Caravelles being added to my 1-11's and Fairchild metros to make there fleets and those costs nearly killed me. Restructuring that way may see you through, all depends on whether you can.

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »
Well, I seem to have several routes with low RI's and no aircraft assigned, no routes for them, they are just contributing to my woes.
Any idea any one?

Once you stop flying a route and removed an aircraft, or even not flown them, once you've brought the route it can take several months to be removed from your itinerary, even though you've stopped flying them etc.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 08:37:23 PM »
Well, some time later, and most of the above seems to be true. On my own briefly, a draughty Alliance as someone left the door open as they left.
Alliance score is rising slowly. My CI again seems stuck at or near to 19.9. Chances of getting into the top 25 airlines is nil. Profits in the top 100, just, Bosses pay too, just. LF's doing OK too but that seems to be the limit without junking my 'finally working' game plan for some BIG NEW SHINY TIN.
Shame really. I've put a lot of work and time into it. Enjoyed finding better ways of doing things, and it's nice to compete against other players who aren't buying advantages.
I'm moving carefully into 737's. All the major EuroPorts are No-Slot so I'm experimenting with night departures.

Be nice to see a short game with Slots related to number of players, and long game rules, so we can try out the big game start tactics. I did try getting my 4 little planes into Heathrow but I was an hour or so too late!
Perhaps a delayed start would work more fairly, or allow bidding for Hub Airport Slots at the start and as they come free. Closed bids for the week before the decision (or game start) maybe? It still favours the experienced players who know what slot timing they need for certain routes but at least little me has a chance. Slots not used are withdrawn (as current) and re-offered to Sealed Bids. Sound fairer?

All the best, still enjoying surviving in this hectic world. 

11Air

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.