Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Passenger Demand?  (Read 938 times)

Offline Jazza

• Members
Passenger Demand?
« on: August 28, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
Been in operation for 5 (game) years, passenger demand hasn't changed? C.I. 70+! What am i doing wrong?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Passenger Demand?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »
Passenger demand changes slowly, and is route-dependant. Some routes rise quick, some don't move at all. Your CI does not have an influence over the demand. Your CI, however, has an impact umon the willingness to take your planes, and, even more important, to pay more for the ticket.

Offline 11Air

• Members

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
I've not got this worked out yet either. Some routes that I serve well have improved demand, others don't.
I suspect it's the airport at each end that has a 'growth' factor in it. If both are low then not much is going to happen.

Offline Jazza

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 11:10:52 AM »
Have been in operation for 12 years now!

Still have not seen any change in Demand? 70+% of routes have 100 R.I., Company Image has been above 70, for almost a decade.
Yet Nothing, in terms of demand has changed?

Any pointers?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:43 AM »

It does change all the time, normally upwards.

It is now 1986, and LIEO-LIRF for example has a demand of 370 per day on average. In 1984 the same route had 310 pax /day. (=60 per day more in just TWO game years)

Just a single example, all others routes behave in a similar manner.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 03:07:52 PM »
Have been in operation for 12 years now!

Still have not seen any change in Demand? 70+% of routes have 100 R.I., Company Image has been above 70, for almost a decade.

Any pointers?

Airlines don't create demand in this game, you are just able to attract a certain amount towards your airline. That amount is a combination of RI, CI, planes, times, competition, etc.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 06:02:49 AM »
As far as I understand, flying routes with excess capacity will attract demand as well?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »
As far as I understand, flying routes with excess capacity will attract demand as well?

No.

on this line demand does not progress quicker than on lines with far less capacity. And margins, for both me & my competitors, are really thin. That's 1340 demand for 3743 capacity. And there is no effect on demand. It's already  a big demand, anyways, between Fuerteventura & Las Palmas. Structurally, counting demographics & economy, this line can't decently have more demand.

I remember the old air bucks game where you could transform, within ten years, a small airport like Gander in an international capital, but the real world does not work like that. And neither does airwaysim. Demand for Nice-Aix is currently 28(2016 in GW3), and there is no reason for my daily flight there to change the demand. It is just fulfilled. Most sane people will take the train or the car on this line, IRL...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »
No.

Yes it will, partly. It won't show up in the daily demand charts since it is calculated on a daily basis, but flying on a route with a lot of supply and/or with low prices (<-- especially this one) will attract more passengers than what the nominal demand is. It's also vice-versa, so poor service means the people will go elsewhere.

The overall effect can be even up to +50% of the nominal figures. (But that's the optimal case, and will not usually happen)

(on that particular route I see the true sales of all airlines combined being about 100-200 seats more than the displayed demand)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:01:11 AM by sami »

Offline Andre

• Members

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »
Thanks Sami, that's what I thought.

gazzz0x2z, I have routes with charts that look fairly similar. I still fly with more than 80% load factor and increased prices on some of those routes. A good company image and a good frequency with 1 hour or more between departures matters as well.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.