Different game modes

Started by Matt Elphick, August 20, 2015, 12:58:26 PM

tise1983

I really like how on the Early days Game world you can create a base anywhere, and not just limited to 1 country...Will that option be in future worlds?

tcrlaf

Quote from: [ATA] Hassel on August 21, 2015, 08:23:33 AM
1930 - 1950 Era

Those wonderful props need some more loving and as the game spanning is only 20 years, there shouldn't be the great need for any large fleet replacement

it could be a region only scenario, but i like the aspect of doing tech stop routes by flying to the whole world. it's a completely different way of scheduling your AC than what we are used to in mordern times

Sami would have to do a little different modeling to make that work, I think.
If you look at flight schedules from the mid-40's thru the mid 60's (and even into the late 70's in some areas) "Whistle-stopping" was the norm. An Atlanta-Dallas flight might make 3-5 or (or even more), picking and dropping pax along the way.

Pan Am's 4 stopper down west Africa, that run until the early 80's comes to mind, Hughes Airwest's Pacific Coast runs, TWA's 727 MCI-STL-IND-CVG-CMH-DCA,  or Southern routing DC-9-10's ATL-MCN-MGM-BHM-JAN-MSY-DFW comes to mind.

Another interesting feature might be to add the "Fifth-Freedom" hubs that US Carriers had overseas, ln Manilla (Northwest Orient), Seoul, (Northwest Orient), Berlin (Pan Am) and Tokyo (Northwest Orient, Pan Am), until Deregulation hit in the early 80's. Same for the Brit's in Hong Kong, Singapore, Jamaica and the like. Could be fun to play, especially knowing that as the 80's approach, those hubs will be closed by force. They could fly from those to other countries, but not domestic.

SuriProf4

would like to see a gw that start 2010 and ends 2030/2040

no restrictions