Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Blocking Seats  (Read 314 times)

Offline tise1983

• Members
Blocking Seats
« on: August 20, 2015, 12:27:54 AM »
If I say have a 100 PAX A/C, but it is flying an 80 PAX route, and I block 20 seats, will my fuel consumption be 80% of what it would be if I was blocking no seats?

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Blocking Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 12:49:10 AM »
No. Keep the 100 seats open. It's still the same plane, weight, etc, flying from point A to B. Keep the 100 seats available as it is possible to sell more than demand if all the variables are working in your favor.

Seat restrictions were added in as a counter to the anti-monopoly bureau who you likely have not met yet.

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 12:57:13 AM »
lol..the anti-monopoly bureau?  Is that people in this game?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 01:05:01 AM »
lol..the anti-monopoly bureau?  Is that people in this game?

There's an automated function that enforces airlines flooding routes with more than 200% of demand. If you do that, you'll get a message in your game inbox telling you to fix it. When that was introduced, there were issues with say, large widebodies in the jet age being the only type that can fly a particular route nonstop, but demand wasn't sufficient to fly it. The seat limiter allows the route to be flown without being automatically shuttered - thus, it should be used on an exception basis rather than on a regular basis.

Couple examples - 5000nm route in the mid 70's with 130 demand currently flown by a 707. Transition it to DC10 (which costs less to fly) and it's in violation of game rules without reducing seats. Another example woudl be that airport that's 60 miles away from your HQ that would fit perfectly on a 100 seat airplane's schedule, but demand is only 30. Given the length of the route, you'd still make incremental profit at that level, so you might as well fly it.

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 01:32:27 AM »
Ok, thanks, so no fuel savings...thats a bummer

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.