Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: concorde  (Read 422 times)

Offline tise1983

• Members
concorde
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:16:46 PM »
Why is the concorde so slow in this game?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: concorde
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »
What do you mean by slow?

Scheduled time of Concorde from LHR to JFK was around 4 hours, and AWS the flight time is 3h51' (+ taxi times naturally for the final scheduled time... the roundings etc cause 20 min difference to the total time vs. BA's schedule).

Flight time difference is probably also explained by different flight procedures during climb and descent where different speed profiles can be used.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:26:11 PM by sami »

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 12:21:39 AM »
I know i mean it is fast in the air, but the turnaround times suck balls, I am pretty sure that in real life it flew two complete routs from JFK to Heathrow, but in this games you can't get in both without major delays.  So its the turnaround time, not the actual speed of flying, I think that is fairly accurate

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 12:25:22 AM »
Also, I am not flying it JFK to Heathrow, I am flying it Beijing to Singapore, a shorter route, and should have been able to get in two round trip flights in one day in my opinion, but I couldn't, and the turnaround times kill me...either way it doesn't really matter because its a fact that the Concorde uses more fuel the the continent of Africa

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 02:30:49 AM »
Is the Key to concorde stacking it with Biz Seats?

Online LotusAirways

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 12:07:09 PM »
The key is state owned airlines. If there are enough around you can build the worst airplane on cost per seat mile and still sell.

As for AWS, without the possibility of having 1 hour supersonic discovery flights like air france did to pay the bills, there is no way to make it profitable.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.