Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Transit Passengers?  (Read 291 times)

Offline Shmant

• Members
Transit Passengers?
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »
If I were to base my airline somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, for example, Ponta Delgada - Joćo Paulo II Airport (LPPD), and were to make passengers fly with my airline from their home in Europe or Africa, through my base for a short stop, and then continue through to North or South America (and vice versa), will my load factor depend on the demand of separate flights to and from my base, or flights going through various points on the globe that I can connect to my base?

For Example:
The demand to get from London Heathrow (EGLL) to Boston-Logan (KBOS) is around ~1680 Passengers a day. If I scheduled my routes well so that there is a flight from Heathrow (EGLL) to Ponta Delgada - Joćo Paulo II Airport (LPPD), and then quite soon after, there is a flight from LPPD to KBOS, would my load factor be based on the demand from EGLL to KBOS, or would the settings of the game just make me load passengers based on the demand for each seperate flight, like EGLL - LPPD is around ~64 passengers a day and LPPD - KBOS is around ~48 passengers a day?

If my point is not very clear, please tell me so I can rephrase.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:27:26 PM by Shmant »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Transit Passengers?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »
Demand is by separate flight and connections are not considered. You have to have a base in BOS or LHR to serve that demand.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: Transit Passengers?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:54:23 PM »
Connecting passengers is not part of the game, so your load factors at LPPD depend only on O&D traffic (passengers coming to or leaving from Ponta Delgada).

Search the feature request forum for "connecting passengers". There you can read about why it's not possible with the current game engine and why it's not going to happen any time soon.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.