Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Delays?  (Read 393 times)

Offline Starfury483

• Members
« on: August 13, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »
Looking for some suggestions here. If your flight punctuality moves up and down week to week and you look into the cause how long before you make an adjustment. What I mean is if the main source of delays are rotation of aircraft do you make an adjustment right away? Wait three weeks and see if it's the same repeat flights? Do nothing? Suggestions ? Thoughts?

Offline Matt Elphick

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Delays?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 01:34:03 PM »
In my experience if you wait a week or so the reasons will you usually change. But if you want high flight punctuality then i would suggest making slightly linger turnarounds making sure they are around 1%.

Hope this helps.

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
It will always vary week to week. No point in micromanaging. As long as you're set in flight spacing to have 10% or less chance of delay and are adequately staffed, there's not much else you can do. In general, in time under 80% and cancellations over 2% is what will impact your ci.

Offline Starfury483

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 03:16:17 AM »
I agree with both suggestions. Thank You. I did a little testing over the past two days. First I maintain almost 95% of my flights with a long enough turn around that it's at 1% or less. With that said I then decided on several flights to go in and add an extra 10 minutes on the turn around time. I addition since many of my planes fly a minimum of 3 flights a day some as many as 4 or 5 I decided to space each flight out by 10 minutes. I then let the game cycle through two weeks and checked those flights. On 75% of the flights I did this through it reduced the delay time. However on a few it still exists, but no longer listed as 'turnaround' instead its now weather or air traffic. I'm going to continue to do limited tests to see if it effects it better. I guess I'm questioning it because I see large airlines like Grav Airlines (232 planes) and Nova Sky (227 planes) with on time numbers of 92.9% and 93.4% respectively. I don't understand how it can be so high. I'm a numbers guy so I'm looking at the on time number, the delay times and the difference in income the company received when it rose.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.