Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Ordering Lots of Planes Causes Thinking Outside the Box  (Read 410 times)

Online schro

• Members
[ok] Ordering Lots of Planes Causes Thinking Outside the Box
« on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:36 PM »
So, over in GW2 I was buying an assorted variety of lots of airbusses to further enable giving my CEO a raise and I ran into a problem with the sim thinking outside the box. Here's the steps that I performed -

1. Set up an initial order for 45x 321-200s
2. Tweaked the final deliveries that were available for neos to be neos towards the end (resulting in 4 types being ordered at the same time).
3. Clicked to recalculate the price.
4. Airwaysim thought outside the box.
5. ....
6. Profit. Planes ordered.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:53:54 PM by sami »

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: Ordering Lots of Planes Causes Thinking Outside the Box
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 04:51:43 PM »
what's the bug?
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »
what's the bug?

Take a look at the attached screenshots. The box for the order summary/confirmation did not resize to accommodate the additional plane types, and resulted in that box sharing screen space with the plane details screen.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
Had this one a few months ago, while making a huge order, changing a few details, and asking for the new grand total.

The thing is, I've got a screen with very high resolution(3200*1800), and W8 runs in double size for the letters to be readable. I assumed it was the cause, and didn't pay more attention. Schro, do you have a similar configuration?

Anyways, I made a few tests with E145, and it seems that what breaks the display is adding new types of planes. I had only ERJ145LR at first, but when I added more variants & clicked "calculate again", the variants summary was the part overlapping the "detail" lower part. If I stick to one single variant, the problem seems not to appear. Changing just the payment does not cause the problem either.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »
Had this one a few months ago, while making a huge order, changing a few details, and asking for the new grand total.

The thing is, I've got a screen with very high resolution(3200*1800), and W8 runs in double size for the letters to be readable. I assumed it was the cause, and didn't pay more attention. Schro, do you have a similar configuration?

Anyways, I made a few tests with E145, and it seems that what breaks the display is adding new types of planes. I had only ERJ145LR at first, but when I added more variants & clicked "calculate again", the variants summary was the part overlapping the "detail" lower part. If I stick to one single variant, the problem seems not to appear. Changing just the payment does not cause the problem either.

I have 3 24" screens running at a combined 5760x1200. However, I don't think it is a screen related issue. The box that "holds" the order summary gets sized when you enter the confirmation page and doesn't resize when you recalculate.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.