Changelog and Previews comment thread

Started by Sami, August 12, 2015, 06:31:21 PM

George Bush

Quote from: Jona L. on September 18, 2015, 06:55:56 PM
It is actually you who is missing the point.

You said you wanted airlines without cargo to be able to reduce turn times.
The matter of fact is, that cargo is not the problem with turn times, passengers are.

Cargo is a nice to have add on, available to all airlines (given they have a license, but most do IRL), and they can take it without disrupting regular schedules, even if they are at minimum turn times.

The whole point of my arguments has been to show you that shorter turn time are not possible.

So what we need to do is patent the process for pallets of seats, and preload passengers on them for optimal boarding times. I'm in!

TranceAvia

On subject of turn times, where i work we are routinly spinning 180 seater A320s in 30 minutes and 156 seat A319s in 25. I think with cargo added this would take alot longer as we a slick woth everything we do and i think that adding cargo bins would mean having to use ulds for bags which adds weight and slows spins...

Just my 2c

jotagrande

Has flight time variability ever been discussed? I'd like to see an option where a slider is available to determine cruise speed. There is an optimal speed which sits at, say 85% on the slider. If you need to squeeze a little time to make a schedule work you can cruise your plane at 90-95% gaining some time in the air. Would make it easier to get in before the evening curfew kicks in. Reverse for if you need a little more time to get in after a morning curfew, slow the cruise a bit so you can get in after 6am instead of before.

An aircraft condition penalty can apply for those flying faster that optimal cruise. Be a lead foot pilot, driving your plane fast results in your plane wearing out a bit faster than normal.

bdnascar3

Why is storing aircraft considered an achievement? Also would like to see an achievement for how many times you've completed certain achievements, IE 3 times run an airline to the end of the game world.

Sami

Quote from: bdnascar3 on October 02, 2015, 11:00:16 PM
Why is storing aircraft considered an achievement?

Just for fun. There will be one (later on) for example that you get if you have a large strike..

(= just making them a bit more diverse; ie. who's the best but also who's the worst ;)  ..perhaps the parking tag can be considered as the latter..)

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: soarinternational on October 02, 2015, 09:54:44 PM
On subject of turn times, where i work we are routinly spinning 180 seater A320s in 30 minutes and 156 seat A319s in 25. I think with cargo added this would take alot longer as we a slick woth everything we do and i think that adding cargo bins would mean having to use ulds for bags which adds weight and slows spins...

Just my 2c

This depends. At my airline, minimum ground time for a 175 seat 737-800 is 45 minutes. Even bulked out with, say, 200 bags and 5000lbs of freight on and off the ramp will -always- be ready before boarding is complete. Cargo, for the most part, should not affect turn times IMO.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

schro

Quote from: sami on October 03, 2015, 12:48:14 PM
Just for fun. There will be one (later on) for example that you get if you have a large strike..

(= just making them a bit more diverse; ie. who's the best but also who's the worst ;)  ..perhaps the parking tag can be considered as the latter..)

Parking 200 planes is easy... bring on level 4 and 5 already! Need 1000+ for level 5!

Jona L.

Quote from: sami on October 03, 2015, 12:48:14 PM

Parking planes determines who is the laziest :P

schro

Quote from: Jona L. on October 04, 2015, 02:31:35 PM
Parking planes determines who is the laziest :P

It's actually a pain to park planes because you can't park ones in maintainence so you can't ever select all on a page as there's always a few you have to uncheck to clear the nondescript error message....

Jona L.

Quote from: schro on October 04, 2015, 02:43:55 PM
It's actually a pain to park planes because you can't park ones in maintainence so you can't ever select all on a page as there's always a few you have to uncheck to clear the nondescript error message....

Sami - making our lives harder since 2006 ;D ;D ;D

freshmore

Can we have an achievement for operating a large airline without using a CAT 5 Airport. Not that I'm operating out a 200 plane airline out of Romania or anything like that!  ;D

XM02A

With regards to this update, will there be any flights that operate as cargo charters, or is this not going to be implemented yet and will all be scheduled flights for now? For example, a contract based system where the military of a country offers x amount of flights of y time period, you ferry the aircraft there, and operate the flights.

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: sami on October 16, 2015, 05:05:52 PM
Comments about the new notification messages please ...

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,58865.msg353401.html#msg353401

Not bad.

I was just surprised when I unliked the post that it was not a red cross. But it works.

Helix

Looking really forward to the cargo and new demand system. Kudos Sami!

Will connections be a part of the new demand system yet or is that planned further out (that is, if it's planned)?

Sami

Planned yes, not actually designed yet (one big question there is the design of a clean and easy to understand interface)... And as you read from the previews I wish to take the design and implementation step by step, in order to make sure as much of the new stuff as possible can be added to the current long games too.

Solemus

Nice picture Sami ... Such a good resemblance  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sami

Not posting this yet to the Changelog thread, test it first please ..

(= Open a new route -> check 'Every Day' and 'Create each day as a separate route' and watch it make 7 individual routes that you can assign to different planes, etc)

[ATA] Hassel

Quote from: sami on October 28, 2015, 08:13:06 AM

(= Open a new route -> check 'Every Day' and 'Create each day as a separate route' and watch it make 7 individual routes that you can assign to different planes, etc)

I love to see the changes currently happening in AWS. This new 7 day feature is a big step in the right direction. Great to see that many of the requested topics are being worked on

kudos to the AWS team

Cardinal

Quote from: sami on October 28, 2015, 08:13:06 AM

This.

Is.

HUGE.

I've used it extensively tonight, and it's working like a charm! Thank you Sami!