Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Wheeler Dealers and their Lemons  (Read 358 times)

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
[-] Wheeler Dealers and their Lemons
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »
GW3 - 8 June 2009

New: 13.29m
Used and old: out of 29 planes listed, 9 are between 10.90m and 12.8m; and between 10y and 14y, in other words, expensive. 20 are above the 13.29m mark... from 5y old to 12y old. Something doesn't add up.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:15:50 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Wheeler Dealers and their Lemons
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »
Used aircraft pricing by AI brokers is not dependant on the new aircraft pricing. New a/c pricing is dynamic and depends on the number of orders, and in this case is probably lower than standard as it doesn't have that many orders. Used a/c pricing depends on the aircraft specs, and they always start with a relatively high price when they enter the market and the longer the plane is there the lower the price goes gradually. (the price advisor you see is a different thing and it consideres for example the respective new plane price, so in this case the advisor would say those are expensive..)

This has been the system for a very long time, and it hasn't had any changes recently, so not a bug.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:17:54 PM by sami »

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
Re: [-] Wheeler Dealers and their Lemons
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »
Used aircraft pricing by AI brokers is not dependant on the new aircraft pricing.

Perhaps something to be improved to add some realism?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:49:43 PM »
Yep, it's not that complicated so could be added in the future

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 02:31:02 PM »
it's a tough beast to balance, though, even if technically easy. I bought my first ERJ145 at 20M, anf the last ones at 13M few years later. Ejets went the opposite way, 25M first, 45M now. What is the fair price for a used ERJ145? A used E170? Not an easy question.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 07:08:45 PM »
What is the fair price for a used airplane?

Whatever the buyer or seller feels the right price should be... BUT, if new production slots are available the price has to be capped using the current new price. Any price below new is fine. On the example I gave two thirds of the planes available are above. Unrealistic.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
What is the fair price for a used airplane?

Whatever the buyer or seller feels the right price should be... BUT, if new production slots are available the price has to be capped using the current new price. Any price below new is fine. On the example I gave two thirds of the planes available are above. Unrealistic.

What if you need the plane NOW and the production lines are busy for 3 years? - I'd reallt pay more than the "NEW" price, then. No, it's definitively not a simple thing to balance. I agree we have a problem, but you won't solve it just by launching one or to sentences.

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
Quoting myself: "...if new production slots are available..."

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 06:37:30 AM »
Quoting myself: "...if new production slots are available..."

when? Within production delay? Little later? Little earlier? All this would have, IRL, an impact upon prices.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 03:29:24 PM »
It takes a minimum of a month or two for a new aircraft to be delivered, even if the production line is wide open. And then they only arrive 1 at a time - used aircraft can arrive 3 per week. In some cases, I'd be willing to pay well over the new-aircraft price for the extra time in operation.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.