Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Aircraft Age no longer visible in Technical View  (Read 210 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[-] Aircraft Age no longer visible in Technical View
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:33:47 PM »
So, adding hushkits in preparation for noise restrictions is a daunting task. Generally, it helps to know the age of the plane when at the selection screen in the technical view as when the noise restrictions are coming up in 1-5 years, you generally don't want to upgrade the oldest of your planes as they'll be too old when the restrictions actually start. So, now that they are sortable based on noise, you can't ascertain the plane's age without opening it (which makes it tough if your aim is to hushkit everything under X years). Alternatively, the ability to filter the my aircraft page with the same age parameters as the used market would work well here...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:43:05 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Aircraft Age no longer visible in Technical View
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 11:42:40 PM »
Age is visible in the maintenance view after the last round of updates (see changelog). (can't fit all info into the one view)

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Aircraft Age no longer visible in Technical View
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »
Age is visible in the maintenance view after the last round of updates (see changelog). (can't fit all info into the one view)

If noise chapter and age are both visible in maintenance view, that's fine and solves the issue, but that's not the case. Age IS needed in maintenance as it helps to know which planes to scrap when you're sorting by D check, etc., so leave that one alone.

Back to the technical view though - there's still a usability issue for the real world game play examples.

Use cases:
1. Well crap, noise regs are in play, which bleeping plane is grounded? Solved with sorting by noise on tech page. (OK)
2. Noise regs are coming soon and I plan on flying all planes younger than 20 years into the noise reg era, I need to apply hushkits to those planes as the rest will be scrapped. I also don't want to do every plane at one time for operational/competitive purposes. Not solved.

Suggestion: Since condition is already in the maintenance view, nuke it from the technical view and put age back. I can't think of a use case where I want to do anything more complicated than sorting by condition to determine where the technical problem delays are coming from.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: [-] Aircraft Age no longer visible in Technical View
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »
Agreed. By getting rid of age in technical view this fix actually mad it worse for the end user, not better. The two most important items in technical view are age and noise, followed by engine type. Dump condition and add age back in, please.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.