Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong (very low LF)  (Read 793 times)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
What am I doing wrong (very low LF)
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:16:45 AM »
I'm getting all confused. I've got a CI of 100 and my routes all have RI of 100 yet I've got a fleet of 747s and I am entirely unable to get them to have LFs of even above 50%. Flight times all land and take off at decent times although most have tech stops. I simply cannot work out what is stopping people from flying. Prices are normal and competition is little to none and demand is all ok.

Am I missing something really simple?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: What am I doing wrong (very low LF)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »
Tech stops takes off 40% of demand.

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 01:44:26 AM »
What is a tech stop?

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 07:14:20 PM »
Tech stops is when you add a short stop to refuel the aircraft before continuing on to the destination.

The game engine is set up to make pax prefer direct routes, which makes sense. But in the transition between the piston engine age and the jet age, this has some strange results. The pax seems to still prefer the old slow propeller planes as long as it's a direct route, compared to a modern fast jet aircraft taking half the time including a tech stop. This logic could do with some tweaking.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »
Also Tech Stops don't work like real world where Passengers can join/leave there.
First try not to do Tech Stops.
If you don't have the range then where your LF's are that low I'd consider reducing the seat numbers by 20/25% to get more range out of the aircraft (Weight down + fuel the same = more range : you know that already Wing Commander).
Tech Stops are really for smaller aircraft in lean areas, like Russia.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
Also Tech Stops don't work like real world where Passengers can join/leave there.

Not true. IRL, airlines are not allowed to deplane/enplane pax on a fuel or tech stop. This violates the fare rule and the contract between the airport and carrier.

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »
Not true. IRL, airlines are not allowed to deplane/enplane pax on a fuel or tech stop. This violates the fare rule and the contract between the airport and carrier.

If you read the post properly bdnascar3 it does say that

He has put tech stops don't work like real world, which means pax cannot join or leave the aircraft

Hope this clears things up for you
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:46:08 AM by Smokeyjoe »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »
A technical stopover, which is modelled in AWS, is not here or in real world for passengers to join or leave. It is simply to extend the flight's range by refuelling at some airport. Passengers may not buy tickets to that route pair (not here, nor in real world).

Tech stops are not to be confused with three-leg routings (i.e. A-B-C) where tickets can be bought for A-C, A-B or B-C. This is not modelled in AWS currently.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 07:43:06 PM »
I have queried this before as a way of getting a wider market by doing triangular routes, clockwise and anti clockwise, to cover lighter routes.
Sami's response then was that this would allow the bigger players to dominate the game even more so he has only allowed re-fuelling stops, not passenger stops.  It does allow us players to choose low priced airports for fuel stops (Gander used to be one, BIKF (Iceland) was to for 1940's ferry flights.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.