Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Leasing suggestion  (Read 383 times)

Offline Starfury483

• Members
Leasing suggestion
« on: July 30, 2015, 11:12:37 AM »
I have a suggestion regarding leasing. Right now I have 6 planes 'parked' since I'm trying to correct my quick over expansion in the start of the game. They are planes I don't want to return to service however I have long term leases on them. (Yes poor planning on my part). I have two options, park them and absorb the loss on the lease each week or pay up front fee to return them. So a possible suggestion for future games.
1)Allow them to go to storage (this has been suggested in the past)
2) When you initially lease the plane you are given an option to pay an additional fee based on the plane size to allow you to sub-lease the plane out. The fee would be such that you could make some money off the deal but nothing crazy. This way it allows planes not to sit idle and gives other players who might be looking for those planes a chance to get there hands on some.

Offline Teadaze

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Leasing suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
I have a suggestion regarding leasing. Right now I have 6 planes 'parked' since I'm trying to correct my quick over expansion in the start of the game. They are planes I don't want to return to service however I have long term leases on them. (Yes poor planning on my part). I have two options, park them and absorb the loss on the lease each week or pay up front fee to return them. So a possible suggestion for future games.
1)Allow them to go to storage (this has been suggested in the past)

The savings you are saving if you store them is to dodge the high parking fee if you have too many idling. storage is actually quite expensive compare to sitting them on ground without going thru maintience. Plus you are paying the lease when you storing it, so no real savings here.

2) When you initially lease the plane you are given an option to pay an additional fee based on the plane size to allow you to sub-lease the plane out. The fee would be such that you could make some money off the deal but nothing crazy. This way it allows planes not to sit idle and gives other players who might be looking for those planes a chance to get there hands on some.

never in real world you are allow to get income from leasing out a lease object. and it is way too easy to abuse due to inflation in the game.

If you are having a long lease and won't put them back in service just terminate it. faster you terminate more money you save in long term.

Offline Starfury483

• Members
Re: Leasing suggestion
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:16 AM »
Ok both points are well taken. Why not allow us to place them back on the open market to be leased. The funds go directly to the leasing company and the lease is taken by the new lessor, however while it's on the market the current lessor is required to pay the lease.

Regarding simply terminating I would ideally love to do that however it would cost me $31 million to terminate all the leases I need to move off the books. My company as no where near that. So as I bring on new planes of the types I plan to use going forward I'm sitting the others idle and eating the lease costs.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.