Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: When does bankruptcy occur?  (Read 544 times)

Offline Trahaearn

• Members
When does bankruptcy occur?
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:47 PM »
How much negative cash does it take to go into bankruptcy? Are there any warnings prior to the bank taking over?

I've started out with a bit to much enthusiasm I think, my current balance is going negative but I expect that with the new routes I'm about to start flying I should start earning money. Would taking a loan from the bank to get back to positive cash balance solve anything?

Offline schro

• Members
Re: When does bankruptcy occur?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:59:01 PM »
You can go somewhat negative and be fine. If you go too low, some things stop getting paid, but shouldn't impact a new airlibe much. You will get a bankruptcy warning if you go low enough, probably at least 10 million in the hole in this world by now. You then have 7 real life days (about one game year) to resolve it. Assuming no c/d checks are due soon and you've set up a soon to be profitable operation, you'll be fine.

On that note, if c/d checks are due they will not be done and a death spiral will be in your future.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 07:56:25 AM »
I had a quick look at your company  in GW3. You made nice routes with your ATRs, but you are using 757s on short-range lines where they are very vulnerable. This is probably what will kill you, unless you switch them to longer-range lines. You might keep the route to Roma & Torino(due to lack of smaller opposition), but on others, you'll have a crappy LF. Always.

Offline Springbal

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »
I think I made a "little" mistake. I was just checking at a page of new aircraft (on my smartphone), In stead of clicking on "recalculate", I automaticly pressed "confirm". So, with a bank deposit of 22mio, I ordered a brand new A319neo, 21mio was paid imedialty, 92mio will have to be paid in march. How screwed am I?
Morale of this story: don't use your phone to check things on AirwaySim  :-\
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:43:00 PM by Springbal »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:29:36 PM »
put it on the used market as soon as it arrives. If it's in demand, you might even make a small benefit.

Offline Springbal

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:00:46 PM »
I'll pray for the allmighty

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.