Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Having several flights leaving at the same time but with different configs  (Read 451 times)

Offline Mnemic

• Members
I read something about having too many flights leaving at the same time of the day leaving an impact on the load factor.

How would this affect my plan of having normal plane leaving at 7 am and a plane with pure bussiness and first class seats leaving at the same time?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Considered the same still.

Offline Mnemic

• Members
Isn't that a bit strange, I mean considering that one jet leaves for the destination with many economy passengers and the other brings purely the business and first class passengers. In other words, they each brings different kinds of passengers for the same destination and the first class travelers wouldn't be able to board the other plane as it was not configured for first class.

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: Having several flights leaving at the same time but with different configs
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 11:13:05 PM »
Having more than one aircraft departing to the same destination at the same time is only going to take demand from an hour either side of departure time.  Optimum timing is 2 hours separation, 90 mins is OK.  The total demand for the route is spread over the day, some pax want to get out to a business meet or holiday, others want to get home later that day.  That's the business you're fighting for.
Departures times to leave less than an hour before yours will certainly affect your LF's.  Try to tweak your schedules to depart 90 mins before the competition on that route if you don't want to get into a scheduling war.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.