Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Gothenburg-ESGB-Torslanda airport degraded?  (Read 662 times)

Sgt_Hotcliff

• Former member
Gothenburg-ESGB-Torslanda airport degraded?
« on: July 25, 2015, 06:05:14 PM »
Terve Sami!

I am grateful for your change in the ESGB runway length after my remarks, but now I have to be a "pain in your ass" again !

I have tried, God knows, how many times with an airline at my dear home airport ESGB- Gothenburg, Sweden's no 2 largest city.
I know my aviation history well and did my first flying education to commercial pilot there in 1977.

After all failures and bankrupcies, I am getting pretty annoyed with the "degradation" you have set for ESGB. Here, I have about 25 px/day at any destination, except London (86).
Checking official statistics, ESGB had in 1975 about 1,130,000 passengers which is about 3,000/day!
Stockholm had at the same time 4,300,000 px which is about 11,800px/day. A factor 4x compared to Gothenburg.

When we look into Airwaysim, Stockholm has 650 px/day to Paris LFPG. Gothenburg has 30 px/day! a factor 22x!
Helsinki has 476 px/day to LFPG!
and so on..

Where is the balance and logic in this??
Do you want all airlines to be based in the countries capital cities?
I just want to know why you have degraded ESGB to such a minor airport?

We are in the beginning of the Jet Age 1975 , but who can start a business with a 24 px jet  ?
I guess I have to give up Gothenburg as a base airport which is a shame historically I think.

Hope you can fix the imbalance,
 >:(
Sgt_Hotcliff

Offline Nicsnid

• Members
Re: Gothenburg-ESGB-Torslanda airport degraded?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:32:18 AM »
I also find this very odd. Trying to establish a connection between Stockholm and Gothenburg is hopeless, but in real life it has been a very intense route for decades which you can tell by sgt_hotcliffs post. Compare this with routes from ESSA to any other (much smaller) Swedish airport and it's obvious that something is wrong here.

Sgt_Hotcliff

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 06:43:54 AM »
Well, I give up now..no point in wasting more time on this hopeless airport.. :'(

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 10:19:16 PM »
Landvetter will be opening soon, maybe an improvement?  ;D

Sgt_Hotcliff

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »
I know!  ;D
I made my first single-engine solo-flight at Torslanda-ESGB the same day it closed down in 1977, so I remember the year  :D
This issue is over-ruled then, still don't understand why it was set up so tiny.

Anyway, guess I will have to set up my "Pride and Joy" Airline at ESGB again, just to be prepared for Landvetter, ESGG.
Maybe lease a couple of VC-10's just to impress Gothenburg city?  :laugh:

We'll see..

"A hole in the clouds are worth more than 10 published instrument approaches"!  8)

Sgt_Hotcliff

Sgt_Hotcliff

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 03:38:32 PM »
So how about two specially configurated Ilushin IL18A for long, luxury flights to Tel Aviv and Cairo?  :-[
At least they have long range and low fuel consumption ..the VC-10's could not make it on the short runways at ESGB!

As long as I don't get the 2 extra Vodka drunk Russian pilots on my pay-list, I think I am happy  ;D

We'll see how future turns out..probably will attract a lot of Orthodox Jews for Tel Aviv and Cairo..hope they will feel at home in the Russian Turboprop!  8)

Gear Up!!

Sgt_Hotcliff
as always.. "all in "  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.