Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] AWS loading slowly, possibly something to do with google-analytics  (Read 341 times)

Offline Dasha

• Members
Creating new routes, loading schedules, looking at demand, it all loads very slowly for me. It takes one or two seconds, sometimes more to load. I don't have this problem on other websites.

In the bottom left, it says waiting for airwaysim.com and then it says (and this takes longest) waiting for google-analytics.com

Now I've been doing some research but I certainly don't have it installed.

I'm using Chrome.

Is this something more people encounter (and thus probably an issue with AWS or Chrome) or is there something simple I can do to fix it?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:17:20 AM by sami »
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Online schro

• Members
Re: AWS loading slowly, possibly something to do with google-analytics.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
I have had this happen before as well and it seemed to be more related to the ISP or network that I was on, however, Google analytics shouldn't make the game unplayable like that, this I concur with the bug award granted in this thread.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: AWS loading slowly, possibly something to do with google-analytics.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:17:08 AM »
The uptime and response time statistics per day/hour and per region are here: http://uptime.airwaysim.com/

Nothing unusual there of what I see of. However if it's Google Analytics, then it's something temporary and out of our control.

In any case, all seems normal at our end and the connectivity issues are usually always between us and you. Not at our end, nor your end, but in the routing in between. Most of them are usually temporary but if problems persist the ISP (yours) can make alternate routings if there's a major outage somewhere (but these are very rare and are usually dealt with automatically).

Let me know if the issues continue after tomorrow or so..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:19:51 AM by sami »

Offline Dasha

• Members
After what you said and the fact that it had been going on for a few days, I gave the router a reset. That fixed the problem.

Thanks!
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Online schro

• Members
Google analytics' response is NOT outside of your control as it was selected as your analytics service for the game. By including it, it is part of the entire package that the subscribers are paying for. From what I can tell, google analytics is causing an issue with my ability to play the game in some locations (such as the IP that I'm at right now) as it can take 2-3 minutes to load a simple route demand page as it has hung on the analytic service. As it's an enterprise guest network, I don't have control of the path between here and there. Additionally, speaking with China based players, they have the same problems with their ability to play because the Great Firewall of China blocks google properties in a haphazard manner depending on their mood.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
How about limiting the Google Analytics only to certain pages, such as the Home Page, and maybe a Dashboard screen?

IMO, the pages being called repeatedly, such as route creation, scheduling, viewing demand between airports should not have any unnecessary overhead.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
I don't have control of the path between here and there. Additionally, speaking with China based players, they have the same problems with their ability to play because the Great Firewall of China blocks google properties in a haphazard manner depending on their mood.

this, along with the ridiculous way of slot drop without a balance of demand in gw4 i am on my edge now of just taking a break on aws....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.