Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No more than 510 aircraft outside my home base?  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Kazari

• Members
No more than 510 aircraft outside my home base?
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:08:12 PM »
I ran into a warning that I'd never seen before, probably because I've never had an airline this big before.

It said that I can have no more than 510 aircraft located outside my home base.

I have a couple of issues with this:
  • I had no idea this rule existed. Please someone show me where this is because I have missed it.
  • I don't understand why it exists.
I do business in GW3 in China, where competition is robust and where there is plenty of room for additional flights and competitors. I initally located in Shenzen, which is almost all domestic. This rule means that in order to compete internationally from Shanghai Pudong or Beijing, I have to pull some of my smaller domestic planes (read: less profitable) out of service.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: No more than 510 aircraft outside my home base?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:11:50 PM »
The number of planes outside HQ depends on the game year. (more info in the manual and old changelog at forums).

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:21:39 PM »
It's also clearly defined on the bases page, which incidentally is also used to open new bases.

Offline Kazari

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »
I have now read the bases page thoroughly.

Mine says:
Base airport statistics and
limits
Number of base airports    9 / 10
Number of aircraft in operation outside HQ    512 / 510
Time from previous base opening    594 days
Next base can be opened    Today
Base location limits    
China

Some further questions:

* It seems to be saying I have 512 aircraft operating outside my HQ, with a limit of 510.
* The rules are unclear as to whether opening additional bases or expanding existing bases will increase this limit.
* The rules are unclear that this expands over time. I assume this is similar to additional slots appearing, however.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:22:27 PM by Kazari »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »
No, opening a new base won't increase the limit. The limit increases every year, until it reaches a hard limit of 600. You can never have more than 600 planes outside your HQ, which is to protect other players and also helps protect you because managing an airline this big is a real pain in the butt.

Online Captim

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 10:55:14 PM »
Enjoy those MD80 changeovers herr....

:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8hOKNbtxg

No pain.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:28:08 AM by Captim »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »
Enjoy those MD80 changeovers herr....

I will  :(

/e I did :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:10:41 PM by Infinity »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »
The number of planes outside HQ depends on the game year. (more info in the manual and old changelog at forums).

It seems it is going up by 10 to 600 in 2015.  It would be great if it just continued to go up to 750 in 2030, since most of the games now ends in 2030 as opposed to 2020.  It may add something to do for players in late stages of game, especially if they started at airport / HQ that is not particularly big...

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 07:24:14 PM »
I thought it peaked at 700?
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 10:40:11 PM »
Max is 600, reached in year 2015. Initial number is 100 (@1950) and there's one step in between at 1990 with 350 planes. Between these three points the growth is linear.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
It would be helpful if it kept growing.  It would make it more viable to not start at a top 10 airport, and still be able to grow the airline to the same size as if the player started at one of the top 10 airports.  Or even better do away with the limit all together.

For 99% of the players, 600 aircraft in bases is pretty much infinity, they never get there.  It only limits a handful of players, playing in countries like Japan, China, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil - so doing away with the limit would not really change anything.

Players playing in the US / EU are not really affected.  When starting at one of the huge airports in the US / EU, just filling the HQ may take 500-600 aircraft, and if they do, they will likely never approach (or need to approach) the base limit.

It would also make playing some countries (outside of USA, EU) more interesting.  I am currently playing Turkey, at the max, while there are several airports in Turkey where no one is based, that are viable as bases....

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 12:35:01 AM »
It would be helpful if it kept growing.  It would make it more viable to not start at a top 10 airport, and still be able to grow the airline to the same size as if the player started at one of the top 10 airports.  Or even better do away with the limit all together.

For 99% of the players, 600 aircraft in bases is pretty much infinity, they never get there.  It only limits a handful of players, playing in countries like Japan, China, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil - so doing away with the limit would not really change anything.

Players playing in the US / EU are not really affected.  When starting at one of the huge airports in the US / EU, just filling the HQ may take 500-600 aircraft, and if they do, they will likely never approach (or need to approach) the base limit.

It would also make playing some countries (outside of USA, EU) more interesting.  I am currently playing Turkey, at the max, while there are several airports in Turkey where no one is based, that are viable as bases....

Ok so Im nowhere near the limit, but the penalty definitely looms in my mind in GW #2 where I started in a smaller base and when the other player in my country failed to thrive took over as the top airline in Malaysia. So will I ever hit the cap probably not..... But if it was going to hurt anyone it would be the newer player who later had a chance to step into the lead by taking the big airport. Maybe an alternative would be the ability to move your HQ within your base country for a large fee or something of that nature.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 01:05:04 AM »
There was a feature request (to move HQ). 

But some countries don't have a single dominant airport, and they would benefit from lifting the limit.  Brazil, Turkey come to mind.  It would just put everyone at even footing, player starting at larger airport would no longer have an advantage over players starting at smaller airport.

Now that the games last 40, 50, 60 years, I think it would be a good idea to level the playing field, so that a player starting at a smaller airport can still build a biggest airline in the game.  It is not possible with the 600 limit...

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 01:19:07 AM »
There was a feature request (to move HQ). 

But some countries don't have a single dominant airport, and they would benefit from lifting the limit.  Brazil, Turkey come to mind.  It would just put everyone at even footing, player starting at larger airport would no longer have an advantage over players starting at smaller airport.

Now that the games last 40, 50, 60 years, I think it would be a good idea to level the playing field, so that a player starting at a smaller airport can still build a biggest airline in the game.  It is not possible with the 600 limit...

100% agree seems to me that the big airlines on top only get bigger yeah we lose one every now and then but being able to snag up the slack being the little guy if one BK's would be a great way to make it a bit more competitive.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.