Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Too many unused slots  (Read 123 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
[-] Too many unused slots
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:29:19 PM »
Can the setting for this be relaxed or eliminated?

I am not sure what the check (for number of total unused slots) is trying to prevent, but it makes a wholesale fleet transition extremely difficult to do.

One thing that might be useful is to have a count of total unused slots and also the limit displayed on the airport slot page, so that at least I know where I stand.

As is, I will have to create dummy routes to temporarily lower the count of unused slots (in order to be able to buy slots from hours where I don't have any unused).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:14:01 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Too many unused slots
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:31:28 PM »
Log says you have ~80 unused slots at the moment when the error triggered. The level when it happens depends on how much available slots the airport has, it's not a hard limit.

This has been implemented solely to prevent hogging of slots by opening routes, and then closing them, and then opening again (in order to cirumvent the other slot checker).

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Too many unused slots
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
I guess this is just one of those cases where prevention of slot hogging is clashing with legitimate game play.  80 unused slots is not a lot when moving schedules of 100-150 aircraft to a new fleet type...

Will have find a way to stay within the limits...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.