Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Full Load Factors for Startup Airline  (Read 500 times)

Offline JJP

• Members
Full Load Factors for Startup Airline
« on: July 14, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
How does an airline, started 8 game days ago, with CI 30, get instant max full 737-400s when I, with smaller aircraft and CI 70 get 60% load factors (and I've been there longer)?  It's almost as if the startup's RI starts at 100!  Is this the new "bonus" for startups or something?   

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Full Load Factors for Startup Airline
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:32:25 PM »
New airline in this case started with CI 30 and RI 55 and 40 for the 1st and 2nd destination. Both of his destinations are to places with lots of unfilled demand, thus an easy place to fill the planes.

You are also flying an unsuitable equipment on the route (Saab turboprop, flight duration 4 hours!!), but your reduced price helps a bit (otherwise it would be even worse).

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:14 AM »
I fly my Saabs on much longer routes (with MUCH less demand) with great success.  Oh well . . .

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 12:49:41 AM »
When an "inappropriate" aircraft flies alone on the route, things can be ok, but when competing with "appropriate" aircraft, things go downhill quickly.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 10:02:36 AM »
When an "inappropriate" aircraft flies alone on the route, things can be ok, but when competing with "appropriate" aircraft, things go downhill quickly.

Even without opposition. I told you the story of my 737 that was 90% full at 200 demand, and 5 years later, 50% full at 250 demand...without any extra opposition or price increase? Or did I speak about this A148E that was doing Nantes-LeLamentin with a tech stop in Horta, that was 25% full, anf the 737-MAX replacing it(wirthout the tech stop) was instant 90% full? Also without opposition.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:57:06 PM »

Not true.  My Saabs fly on many "inappropriate" routes against 737s and 757s with full loads at 150% - 200% over standard pricing.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »
The penalty is phased in.  It shows a warning, but not the degree of the penalty.  It may be 1% or it may be 100%.

Things that the penalty depends on:
- average capacity of aircraft within the fleet
- demand to destination
- distance, same continent vs. different continent

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 09:33:09 PM »
Not true.  My Saabs fly on many "inappropriate" routes against 737s and 757s with full loads at 150% - 200% over standard pricing.

The "frequency" - just showing up - has not been tamed, apparently.  I have had similar experience flying Saabs from Mexico.

You may have slow TP, HD seating, flight taking nearly twice as long, and the system still allocates pax some percentage of pax.  It may be a smaller percentage of pax, but with such a small aircraft, the small number may be just enough to fill up the aircraft.

Even though changes have been made to address this, I wish the system had more sensitivity to:
- price
- travel time
- seating quality

- Also to add to the list, I think CI should have a stronger influence.  RI now works great, it has a very strong influence on pax allocation.  CI has far smaller influence, and Alliance rating (which itself needs a major revision) should also account for more.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »
in my experience, CI mainly affects the pricing you can afford. It's especially sensitive on HD seats. When I wen up from 50 to 80 CI, I could drastically improve my income on ERJ routes - and also a little bit on my 737 routes, but they fly normal seating.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.