Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance Used Aircraft Price Limits  (Read 451 times)

Offline George Bush

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Alliance Used Aircraft Price Limits
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
Recently in a few game worlds I have run into the used aircraft too cheap issue. I know I could pay more by having them adjust the price, but the price is really what the market is... Maybe tweak this limit so that after two real world days alliance members can buy from each other regardless of price. Then everyone gets an opportunity, but we can still get a deal..... Anyhow just a thought.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Alliance Used Aircraft Price Limits
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »
Yeah, this is usually a problem late in the game world when the UM is flooded with aircraft.

Maybe tweak this limit so that after two real world days alliance members can buy from each other regardless of price. Then everyone gets an opportunity, but we can still get a deal..... Anyhow just a thought.

That would be a great solution.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »
It's a great solution if the system can differentiate between he plane being offered for sale publicly vs privately. I've noticed that it doesn't really take it into account for the moving price limits at this point.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:25 PM »
It's a great solution if the system can differentiate between he plane being offered for sale publicly vs privately.

The check for private listing is I think when the seller places the aircraft for sale.  Then, the price is always good (I am assuming).  So I guess this does not change.

When buying a publically listed aircraft, the check is when the buyer clicks buy (lease).  The system checks the alliance, and applies the limit.  So under the changed proposed by OP, this check for the alliance would only apply first 2 RL days (or 2 game months).

I've noticed that it doesn't really take it into account for the moving price limits at this point.

Does the moving price limit apply to alliance prices?  I forgot how that works.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »
Why is there such a big difference anyway?  All it does is penalize the alliance member.  There almost no benefit to join an alliance as it is.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
The check for private listing is I think when the seller places the aircraft for sale.  Then, the price is always good (I am assuming).  So I guess this does not change.

When buying a publically listed aircraft, the check is when the buyer clicks buy (lease).  The system checks the alliance, and applies the limit.  So under the changed proposed by OP, this check for the alliance would only apply first 2 RL days (or 2 game months).

Does the moving price limit apply to alliance prices?  I forgot how that works.

The absolute minimum will drop but the alliance minimum does not on a privately listed plane. Therefore, if the airline it is listed to is in the alliance, the minimum price stays. However, if it is privately listed to a non-alliance airline, then you can drop the price as the minimum drops. From what I can tell, changing the airline it is listed to, changing it from private to public (or vice versa) or the price does not change the absolute minimum price.

Why is there such a big difference anyway?  All it does is penalize the alliance member.  There almost no benefit to join an alliance as it is.

Money laundering prevention. Basically, over/under value aircraft sales were used within alliances to pump cash into failing airlines. While one can still bail out an airline (i.e. sell/lease back assistance) and stay within game rules, letting an airline more or less flip planes between alliance members to pump cash into them is frowned upon (and generally restricted by the min/max alliance thresholds).

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »
I definitely get the need for the rule but when the NPC can undercut him by 3 million just bought a DHC-8 300 for 2.4 million his planes are about 4.5 million seems a bit nutty. I think the wait would allow everyone an opportunity to buy the cheaper price which they already can while an alliance member can buy without having to leave the alliance to buy them.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.