Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Operating (bank) Account!  (Read 792 times)

Offline Jazza

• Members
Operating (bank) Account!
« on: July 12, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »
I've been playing this for years, and asked this question so many times.

Why only one, bank account? No airline could or would ever be able to operate like this!

There needs too be a 'Commercial Overdraft/Line of Credit' (Small first off, but increases with credit rating. And not liable on assets)

a 'Maintenance account' to keep $$$ aside for maintenance, C & D Checks. Line Maintenance, which is done on 'Cycles' (A,B,C & D checks) not specific dates.

Currently, one could have a 737 up for lease. Not on operations, so not flights. But still Counting down on the time to a C check. Its not flying. Checks are on cycles!

I think the ability to allocate money, to where it needs to go. Pay the bills, maintenance, expansion, fleet upgrades. Ya just can't budget on it. With the current accounting system.

I can't see, where I'm going wrong (on paper so too speak) . I'm not, but we should be able too look at the paperwork and see where too make changes. (with some work needed too work out sure, but not the current....wtf?)

in short, there needs to be different Bank Accounts (with fees). One account, is not how its done.

Its a great game, truely is! But, It really could be ('F*u-*i*g Awesome) With some accounting changes!

Cheers, great work all the same

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
Re: Operating (bank) Account!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 12:27:55 PM »
totally agree

Offline bdnascar3

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 02:39:34 PM »
I disagree. This is a 'game' about airline management, Not a banking simulation. Sami needs to spend more time making game play more realistic as to airlines and not spend time on accounting procedures.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
The accounting system was fully updated in Jan-2014 and there are no plans to change/update it since it now follows a fully realistic and complete accounting and tax system structure (apart from possible stock market or such things, but not that's not really banking/accounting stuff).

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,51298.0.html
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,51391.0.html

Maintenance is based on both time and cycles in real life (depending on the case and aircraft). Here it's simplified and done only as time-based.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:58:43 PM by sami »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
1) There's no benefit to it for the game.

2) I know real companies with hundreds of millions of revenue that have exactly one single bank account. It does not create the remotest problem for them - quite the contrary, it saves them a ton of money because they don't have to pay people to consolidate the statements. Sounds pretty damn smart to me.

Offline Jazza

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »

Accounting, Money management is a Huge part of Airline Operations. Aviation in general.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »
Maybe no need for a second bank account, but an easy way to have a clear view on what are the payment due and how the cash flow will evolve in the incoming months would be not a bad idea.

If the fleet grows, you have plane on order which request future payment, and it would be good to know if my account can stand those payment.

I have stable income, I have planes in delivering three per months, ok, can this income flows bear those future costs? Can I spend now what is already in my bank account?

And so on...

Offline Jazza

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »
I'm new too this Forum format,

But, at the end of the day. Money Management, is one the biggest factors in running any airline. Outside time slots and Maintaince

There needs too be an upgrade in the accounting system. (more accounts, with frees)
(I was making money, then went $1.8m in D within 2 days at most. Nothing, in the paperwork showed. wtf happened. Months before the first C Checks)

Maintaince. C & D Checks are on cycles, they are. They would be know aircraft grave yards in that weren't the case. No one would look for a buyer, cheaper to scrap!

Not the case. With a certain age, C & D and A & B are on aircraft airframe time.  Had a brand new Metro, for sale.  for 9 Months, then had to give it a C check.

It was new, I brought it with 12months to the C check, the buyer should have brought it at that!

Great Game, like i've said.

Airlines don't run on 'First in First Serve' Like here, it doesn't happen!

new Airlines, run at the start day to day = money management. No airline runs on one account.

If you want too become a Millionaire in Aviation, start out as a Billionaire!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.