Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Base cost odd?  (Read 467 times)

Offline Starfury483

• Members
Base cost odd?
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »
Why is it that a small base will cost $500k and a medium base is like $1.2 million but a large or extra large jumps to $8 million and 8.5 million. The price makes no sense what so ever! Any ideas ?

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Base cost odd?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:11:29 AM »
Extra large should cost a lot more because you can earn a lot more with long haul - but you are right, the big jump should be from 3 to 4 not from 2 to 3.

Offline Starfury483

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 12:32:55 PM »
What makes even less sense is you can't use large planes at a medium base. Which forces you into the next tier. I could debate all day the size of a DC9-15 as large but the game says it is. I think the cost structure needs to be looked at

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 06:04:45 PM »
The jump between levels 2 and 3 is intentional since the respective difference in possible profits and potential scale of operation too is very large.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:10:16 PM by sami »

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
level 1 bases should be dirt cheap, btw. Level 1 planes are really toys that don't make a lot of money. I find level 2 & 3 properly balanced. Level 4 could be slightly costlier, as said by infinity.

Offline Starfury483

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 11:51:07 PM »
Ok I understand the need for profit but a jump of 7 million dollars between the two is a little extreme. Nor is there any where in which we can see which type of planes can be used in a medium base vs large. If the definition of which planes can be used is based off the classification of large plane vs medium or extra large this would seem unreasonable because a plane can be deemed large and hold 80 people. In respect that's not really large at all, if large is deemed a capacity over say 100 then this system would make sense.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.