Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cancellations are wierdly high!  (Read 721 times)

Offline AllanAir

• Members
Cancellations are wierdly high!
« on: June 18, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »
Hey,

I have kept my eye on the flight delays and cancellations. I have 14 Dash-8 aircrafts and it's impossible to make money. My load factor is 75% which is very high i'd say. I've played in the same world with different companies and made money much more easily. Only few weeks i'm able to get positive results and thats also only 50000 - 100 000 dollars. It's redicilous.

For what it seems to me, the cancellations are very high and because of the weather. I actually work in the airport in real life and it's very rear that the weather causes cancellations on so big per-centage. It's around 4% of my flights. The other reason once in a while is rotation. 6 cancellations in 7 days because of rotation??? That's highly unusual. Is there a setting in the game or what is the reason.

If the reason why I don't make money isn't cancellations, help me to find out what it is. Company is Vintage Airlines (based in Riga)

Thanks in advance,

Allan

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Cancellations are wierdly high!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:42:42 PM »
6 cancellation in 7 days out of 14 dash 8 means your turn around time is too tight.

one thing to remember is aircraft like dash 8 are props, although they are one of the hardest to bankrupt they do not make much money, especially if you are using it wrong. I suggest apply for a mentor, he/she will be able to take a look.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Mentor

Offline AllanAir

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:14:49 PM »
My turn-around time is set to 45 minutes which is shown on the indicator next to it, that delay per-cent will be less than 1%. But what made me wonder was the delay because of the weather. I have never seen so many cancellations because of weather.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »
i have seen 100% cancellation before. check world news sometimes the random system may pick your airport for disasters(like volcano). normally they just affect a few days up to 2 weeks.

Offline AllanAir

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
Just checked the world news again, and since april 2005, there has been problems in about 2 or 3 destinations but thats all. But thats since april 2005 and we have at the moment januray 2006 so.... I checked my cancellations again and now there has been 4 canceld flights. It has reduced but it aint logical or as true as many other things in that came. There's still too much canceled flights for so few flights. And the rotation caused cancels are still on 6.

You mentioned that it's hard to make money with dash-8. Could you give some reasons why?

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »
i didn't say it's hard to make, I just said you won't make as much money compare to the larger aircraft like erj and 737/md90 etc.

let's say you have a route that has 170 demand. it will take 3* dash 8 frequency to fill it. While larger jet like 737 can do it in one pass.

yes you may save on fuel, but flying a slower aircraft means it takes up time.. and time = lease expense, not to mention you will need to fly 3 times... = crew, slot, maintience

prop also does not do as well if you fly long range, reason above.

Like i suggested, get a mentor request out, I am pretty certain what your mistake is, but can't confirm until one look at your airline schedule.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
Weather cancelations are generally random with some seasonality to them. You can't do anything to avoid them, they are just a cost of doing business. The larger you grow the less you will notice them. Sounds like you were on the wrong side of the random cancellator.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 12:10:18 PM »
Ive got usually 1.5% cancellations in summer un Scotland, and 3% in winter. Not so much in Southern Portugal.....

And turboprop/vs/regional jet is not an easy question. Cost per seat is marginally inferior with turboprop, but strategic opportunities are inferior also. You fill less flights per day, and you cannot go as far(though my 1900nm flights with ERJ145XR are not a very wise move, but hey, I like to have fun).

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »
I have to agree with aoitsuki,

The dash 8 is a slow plane for longer stretches,but on flights up to 350nm they are a good deal.
But rember there are so many extra costs which need to be paid too.
Try to find a higher demand route and start flying with bigger airplanes,Other you stay stuck in the same finance gap.
in 1,5game year i was able to earn 1mln,so i start to look other options.
Took a loan order the bigger 737īs with higher fuel burn per hour,but the demand filled that gap.
maybe you have to open a marketing campaign or lower your fairs.in the last 3 game months i doubled my income per week.
Also if you fly in an erea with alot of competition it is hard to fill the planes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.