Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Gatwick slots  (Read 1765 times)

Offline DannyWilliams

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Gatwick slots
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »
Whoopy do for you!

Nnot everyone wants to play in Cairns and not everyone knows the game as well as you.

There were 4 airlines in HKG when the game started 2 more have joined the game started rolling. I don't mind slots being limited waiting getting on for 3 days for anything to be made available so early in the game is taking the p*** a bit.

You may not think this, I do. Enjoy Cairns.

HAHAHA! I just started playing this game, and the first thing i did was to check how long this game was going to last!
That said, you really don't need to know the game to see that you need a plan when the game is going to last for 400+ real days!

And the fact that you go to the forums to complain about something that makes this game the best out there, is just really unnecessary!

''rant over''

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 06:04:03 PM »
The overall amount of slots in this game is by the way quite much higher than usual .. I see currently only two very restricted airports, LHR and HND

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »
The overall amount of slots in this game is by the way quite much higher than usual .. I see currently only two very restricted airports, LHR and HND

This has been the case for all world that have started in the past two years. At what point do you consider it the new norm?

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 09:13:32 PM »
This has been the case for all world that have started in the past two years. At what point do you consider it the new norm?

can't help it since you are finally wrong for once, LHR is not locked in GW1, wide open in every hour for the past 15-20 years.

I don't think loading more slot with the same demand is the solution of slot being locked, and randomly increasing slot to tip the balance of slot/demand ratio is simply a disaster to smaller, lessor optimized airline(which most of the time they are if they are behind in slot already). A strong airline can easily overload a route that a competition decides to fly in.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:22:18 PM by Aoitsuki »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 09:50:41 PM »
can't help it since you are finally wrong for once, LHR is not locked in GW1, wide open in every hour for the past 15-20 years.

I don't think loading more slot with the same demand is the solution of slot being locked, and randomly increasing slot to tip the balance of slot/demand ratio is simply a disaster to smaller, lessor optimized airline(which most of the time they are if they are behind in slot already). A strong airline can easily overload a route that a competition decides to fly in.

No, what I was pointing out is that the global slot counts have been "higher than normal" for a very long time. Since they've been higher than normal, its more like the new norm.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 01:02:54 PM »
Yes, in other games the slot count has been higher than standard (something like factor 1.5 vs. normal 1.0) too but not so high as now ..

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 04:11:33 PM »
Yes, in other games the slot count has been higher than standard (something like factor 1.5 vs. normal 1.0) too but not so high as now ..

So, compared to GW1 where say, ATL has 200/hour in the early 1990s (which is bananas level high compared to the past), we should expect even more?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.