Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Gatwick slots  (Read 1770 times)

Offline TranceAvia

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Gatwick slots
« on: June 17, 2015, 09:31:46 AM »
What's happening? We have nothing avaliable at all already?!

Online Air Azure [President and CEO]

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Gatwick slots
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 11:02:36 AM »
Life is hard sometimes  ;D

Offline Flightman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 03:07:21 PM »
Ho ho ho :D
Vallin Airlines brings your destination closer

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 03:15:02 PM »
6 resident airlines plus 'fly-ins' want 9 slots
But you win the 'first to complain about slots' prize.....3 free slots per hour for an airport of your choice :-)

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 03:36:20 PM »
someone has to start. i get some slot issues but its a bit on the low side to be fair... Still, i'll sit and wait...

Offline azdozer

• Members

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »
Already with the effen slots, LAX is another one...Can't find sh....For once I get to order new planes without waiting 2+ years and it was pointless as I have nowhere to fly them now.

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »
HKG is another airport that has not had a slot release in 60 odd hours!

I understand they need to be limited, this is just taking the p***! Whats the point in playing if you cant actually play!

Esp at HKG where you cant even open a second base!

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
EGKK - 9 slots p/hr between 6 resident airlines plus fly-ins (at the time of posting)
LAX - 20 slots p/hr between 7 resident airlines plus fly-ins
HKG - 9 slots p/hr between 6 resident airlines plus fly-ins

Lack of slots???
Honestly guys....what did you expect would happen?
What your complaint really shows is your own poor planning, with so may airports available why would you chose a heavily congested airport and then complain about expansion opportunities?

Example of a plan (whether it eventuate or not will be due to the decisions I make, good or bad)
- I started in Brisbane, Australia (first airline) before the 24 hour start period was up, 3 other airlines had joined me, so I closed up shop and moved to Cairns, Australia as the sole operator
- I will open a base in Brisbane later on when one or two of the starting airlines have gone B/K due to their heavy competition and lack of growth opportunities
- By then I would have consolidated my home base and have cash etc to expand into a non-slot restricted Brisbane

It is a long Game World...so plan ahead
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:33:40 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »
EGKK - 9 slots p/hr between 6 resident airlines plus fly-ins (at the time of posting)
LAX - 20 slots p/hr between 7 resident airlines plus fly-ins
HKG - 9 slots p/hr between 6 resident airlines plus fly-ins

Lack of slots???
Honestly guys....what did you expect would happen?
What your complaint really shows is your own poor planning, with so may airports available why would you chose a heavily congested airport and then complain about expansion opportunities?

Example of a plan (whether it eventuate or not will be due to the decisions I make, good or bad)
- I started in Brisbane, Australia (first airline) before the 24 hour start period was up, 3 other airlines had joined me, so I closed up shop and moved to Cairns, Australia as the sole operator
- I will open a base in Brisbane later on when one or two of the starting airlines have gone B/K due to their heavy competition and lack of growth opportunities
- By then I would have consolidated my home base and have cash etc to expand into a non-slot restricted Brisbane

It is a long Game World...so plan ahead

Whoopy do for you!

Nnot everyone wants to play in Cairns and not everyone knows the game as well as you.

There were 4 airlines in HKG when the game started 2 more have joined the game started rolling. I don't mind slots being limited waiting getting on for 3 days for anything to be made available so early in the game is taking the p*** a bit.

You may not think this, I do. Enjoy Cairns.

Offline azdozer

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 11:18:28 PM »
^ Thank you. Some of us have strategies that don't involve explosive growth and already are at hole in the wall middle of nowhere airports and still can't do anything. Since you can't beat them join them all I hope for now is that the used market dries up of all the popular planes so we can just sit here starring at each other with no planes and no slots!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:22:56 PM by azdozer »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 12:04:25 AM »
Whoopy do for you!

Nnot everyone wants to play in Cairns and not everyone knows the game as well as you.

There were 4 airlines in HKG when the game started 2 more have joined the game started rolling. I don't mind slots being limited waiting getting on for 3 days for anything to be made available so early in the game is taking the p*** a bit.

You may not think this, I do. Enjoy Cairns.

I am not the one complaining...you are
Its a simple idea - If you want growth then choose another airport, if you want to stay where you are and take your chances, then that is exactly the result you are getting

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but with at least 1 of the other airlines at both HKG and at LAX being very experienced players it is highly likely that you will continue to find slots very hard to get, as their airlines with the help of their alliance buddies will grab 90% of future slots within minutes of them dropping.

My guess is that additional slots have dropped but they are gone before you see them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:07:22 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11:38 AM »
I am not inexperienced myself, I am currently slot leader at LHR in GW1, dumping out the Elite competition on the way and also have the back up of a very fine alliance!

You are also very much complaining by the way!

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 12:14:52 AM »
^ Thank you. Some of us have strategies that don't involve explosive growth and already are at hole in the wall middle of nowhere airports and still can't do anything. Since you can't beat them join them all I hope for now is that the used market dries up of all the popular planes so we can just sit here starring at each other with no planes and no slots!

Exactly the reason that I am using Used planes that most avoid...supply is plentiful.

Two things that are very important at the beginning of a game 1. Acess to slots 2. Access to planes
As the game progresses opportunities at 'better bases' will open up as players go B/K due to lack of slots and lack of planes

You can choose to attack me as it is not what you want to hear, or you can choose to take it as advice and maybe rethink your game strategy while the game is still young and to be able to play a more enjoyable game.......your choice as it is your game
All I am pointing out is that you will always experience slot congestion and lack of planes IF you chose the 'popular and well worn routes of the game'
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:21:06 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 12:19:02 AM »
I am not inexperienced myself, I am currently slot leader at LHR in GW1, dumping out the Elite competition on the way and also have the back up of a very fine alliance!

You are also very much complaining by the way!

It is much easier to be a slot leader in a game that most players have abandoned in favour of a new game

I'm complaining? LOL please yourself

PS - agreed that A Team are indeed a very good alliance and is run by very good Managers
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:26:41 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 01:32:08 AM »
Yes, shame for you I've been No1 at LHR since the start!

You also seem to have missed the irony of you complaining more about the people complaining!

You'll also be pleased to here a drop just happened at HKG and I took the lot! Shame all those experienced folk with the excellent Alliances missed out!

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 01:36:57 AM »
Well done...and in the words of Kevin B***Y Wilson...... DILLIGAF
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:42:26 AM by Kadachiman »

Offline Superbenj

• Members

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 01:48:40 AM »
Well that's just it, you do clearly look like you do! Otherwise you wouldn't be on here bitching at the bitchers!

Offline Mr Yoda

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 11:44:53 PM »
I'm in LAX and I can talk about slot restrictions all day long...

Don't forget guys that back in 70s in reality only rich people could afford to fly. There was no need for huge amounts of slots to be given out at the time because there weren't many airlines that were huge and the demand was many times lower than in AWS 70s.

As Sami said the GW demand is slightly higher than it would normally be so causes an even bigger panic for players digging for slots to fill up demand ASAP.

Offline Fscamp

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
There are plenty of slots, it's just that those with more free time get to pick them up while I'm working or sleeping. Purchasing small aircraft just to preserve slots for something bigger seems to work too.  ::) Thus I rather spread to airports with better slots / demand ratio.

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 07:56:06 PM »
There are plenty of slots, it's just that those with more free time get to pick them up while I'm working or sleeping. Purchasing small aircraft just to preserve slots for something bigger seems to work too.  ::) Thus I rather spread to airports with better slots / demand ratio.
There was not, you can tell if slots have been released by the 'Capacity' metric. There are now 20/ hour at HKG, so in the same amount of time where no slots were added previously, there have since been 10 extra an hour released, which kind of goes to show that that massive famine was unusual and certainly OTT for just after a game has started and you have nothing else to do!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.