Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Bird Flu within 10 weeks of starting a new game world  (Read 694 times)

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Bird Flu within 10 weeks of starting a new game world
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:08:16 AM »
wahoo...how exciting...good way to kill off any growth in the very early stages of a game.
Question becomes - ride it out or go b/k and come back in 2-3 game months with all the late starter benefits....interesting situation

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: Bird Flu within 10 weeks of starting a new game world
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
So you expect this simulation of the real world to not have unexpected 'issues' like Volcano's, grounding due to extreme weather etc.
I hope Team Sami has programmed these events to occur randomly, they did follow Real World timing but the big players were soon doing their research so it was no longer a simulation, more of a homework class.
How we respond to these hiccups is part of the game, surely.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Bird Flu within 10 weeks of starting a new game world
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 11:04:59 AM »
The events are random, and in no way related to any other game worlds. (someone has speculated why "always" (?) an event or high fuel prices happen when a new game is about to start...but that's just random bad luck, I'm not tweaking those after game has started, it's all preprogrammed)

The major events, like this, do not occur within the first year/two/three of the start of the game (depending on the event's severity) in order not to immediately kill off the newcomers. Events of similar type are also grouped so that they won't appear near each others. (but you can have volcano and flu close since they are not of the same group).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:07:16 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.