Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircrafts: Pricing  (Read 555 times)

Offline Kirito

• Members
Used Aircrafts: Pricing
« on: June 15, 2015, 05:59:13 PM »
Well, if i look at teh market of used aircraft i often find data like this:

17 357 557 USD

Price advisor
  The price of this aircraft appears to be reasonable and normal compared to its specifications.
We estimate the fair price to be between 15 490 000 USD - 20 110 000 USD 

But, this 2,5 years old Saab 2000 is more expensive then a new one, which will cost below 15 Millions. so the Price advisor to me seems to give a very bad advise.

On the other Hand, i own Saabs with a book value far below the Price i bought them.

How Comes all this?

Online schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Used Aircrafts: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »
Relates to this bug: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,56243.0.html

Basically, when the aircraft pricing was made "more dynamic" as a "feature" to the game, it wasn't thought through and tested fully resulting in some pretty odd situations happening such as the one that you're describing.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 11:05:09 PM »
I am reading this after posted my own bug report, reporting the same:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,59439.0.html

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 11:10:07 PM »
I wish the old pricing would be restored before this can be debugged / fine tuned.  If that is even possible. 

There is just not enough data on extremely thinly traded aircraft for the system to produce reasonable price.  It is just not doable.  One player listing 1-2 aircraft can completely skew the system, if those are the only 1-2 aircraft ever listed and sold on the UM.

Offline Kirito

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »
Anyhow, what ever happend, to me this is s/thing to be fixed with hight priority.
Forced prices above the new aircraft level means no sale at all  - well most times.
There may be situation you might get the money, when demand is high, and production line full, but thats a diffrent story.

Please, Pleae fixt it..

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 12:38:18 AM »
The formulas to calculate pricing of New aircraft and Used aircraft seem to be completely disconnected.

The same problem also happens in opposite direction.  A brand new aircraft with list price of 100m leaves the production line, and the second it leaves the production line, it's price becomes $90m (as its recommended value).  I noticed this in all of the popular lines in GW3: A320 and MD-90/B717 lines, NG.

This, while people place orders for the list price, and on top of paying the list price, they have to wait anywhere between 6 months to 3+ years to get the aircraft delivered (depending on line).

A brand new aircraft needs to be valued at least the List price of New aircraft.

And, as in your case, 5 year old aircraft needs to be valued at less than new aircraft, especially for a production line that is not full (as is the case with Saab 2000).

My hypothesis (of disconnect between New and Used pricing formulas) explains your scenario.  I am assuming that the List price of Saab 2000 dropped below par, since there are not many orders in the production line.  But the Used aircraft Value formula, is not aware of that, and prices Used aircraft as if the list price of new was still at par.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.