Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] GW1 747-400 price bug or just weird luck?  (Read 226 times)

Offline spiff23

• Members
[-] GW1 747-400 price bug or just weird luck?
« on: June 11, 2015, 03:44:59 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just weird luck due to the fact only about 50 747-400. frames were ordered by actual players (although game engine is taking delivery of lots going right into storage).

My issue is that when they first arrived, my purchase value  and price paid was around $155m for the max range version.  I ordered when the plane was announced and seem to recall I got some discount off list...although minimal.  One of my frames is 23017.

The issue is the new order price on the same plane is about $15m less than my value...and even the minimum alliance sale price is still $10m above a brand new order.  The recommended price is over $200m, which is $60m more than a new one with no wait. 

Is this a bug...or just some weird quirk in the fact that only about 50 frames were initially ordered by actual game players and so the price deflated?  In fact so few were ordered the end of the line warning has already been issued.

I've never actually seen a plane type that has often been popular decline in sales value like this.  Honestly, can't think of a single period in AWS were deflation happened to plane price.

If a weird quirk then I guess it,s caveat emptor.   :'(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:30:22 AM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: GW1 747-400 price bug or just weird luck?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 03:53:25 AM »

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 04:13:10 AM »
Thanks...seems very similar down to alliance pal asking "hey man, wtf?  The new one is $15m less!

Doesn't look like there was any response on the matter...so assuming this is a buyer beware scenario...although would still be helpful to investigate as I would think the alliance minimum would be tied to the the actual value or current new sales price, whichever is lower.

Interestingly, I could in theory list a less than one year old 747-400 on the open market for $46m and take a $110m loss if someone not in the alliance bought it!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 07:30:18 AM »
Duplicate thread (already reported), ref. schro's link.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.