Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: what after the Beginner Scenario 2 just finished!  (Read 996 times)

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/
what after the Beginner Scenario 2 just finished!
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:49:22 AM »
Just finished the beginner scenario 2 and now I don't know what to do.
Would like to play an entire beginner scenario to expertise a little bit more, or go in the modern times game play where only 20% is already gone.

How can we know which secnarios are upcoming?

Because I'd fancy a lot also a new regional scenario.

The only thing that could be reasonable is a new beginner scenario soon as there is only one active at the moment.

Any suggest?

Offline wildavidson

• Members
Re: what after the Beginner Scenario 2 just finished!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 08:00:48 AM »
Theres a new full gameworld starting in 7 days - Give that a go.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 08:18:46 AM »
Dear Wild,
a full gameworld is too complex for me at the moment.
I was confident to partecipate in another complete beginner world before to go playing with the "adults"! :-)
Or, as i love it, I was dreaming a new regional scenario.

Anyway, i was looking for a scenarion not longer than 30 years.
70 years of scenario are really too long.
Cannot handle all the job to do handling two thousand planes and lanes!

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
GW3 is rather full, but you'd arrive just after the 11th September. The question is to know wether you'd want a quiet place without opposition(with the risk of being bored after a good start, I'm thinking about Bermuda, Tirana, places like that where noone will pop up a base upon your head), or if you'd prefer to have a bigger playfield, with bigger risks, but also  bigger rewards and better long-term play value(as the USA, the EU...) Where there are always a few quiet places to grow, before going somewhere else.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 03:41:03 PM »
I Would rather find a not so busy eu airport and start with short haul national and international. Then if cash flow allow, I would go in a second base bigger than the first one for intercontinental long haul.

On the other side I would much prefer a brand new regional game world!

Online bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 05:48:16 PM »
regional game worlds seem to be going away in favor of long game worlds. I'd pick one and find an airport that fits your desire. All 3 worlds have decent places available that should fit your requirements.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »
You can just go with another Beginners World before jumping to very competitive full length game worlds.

Beginning worlds start one after another, there is not too much wait for the next one to start.

Offline wildavidson

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 07:09:31 PM »
Whats the worst thing that can happen if you join a full gameworld, you will probably bankrupt but you will learn more from that bankruptcy and the time spent in a full game world than you ever will in a beginners world. I would suggest join at a 'smaller' base and see what you can do but while there have a look at the more successful airlines and see what they do in terms of fleet choice and scheduling as you will learn more from them than most players in the beginners worlds.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 07:14:43 AM »
As I am not ready for a yearl long game yet, I will wait the new BW, try to follow some strategies that came in my mind too late in the prvious one and after that I will be ready for the GW, whatever it will be.

In my previous game I started WITH A319, ending up with 340, I'm still m issing the full range of small aircraft that seems to me interesting to explore.
So, in the newt GW I will have clear in my mind which kind of airline I prefer most.

Offline Ligo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 08:18:23 AM »
wildavidson is completely right - You learn to play doing mistakes not revenues. From that point joining to full gameworld would be the pest option for You. There are differences in BW and full games. These are fuel pricing or comtetition rate for example. You won't learn to do Your strategic development as far as BW is too short for that.
So my advice is not to afraid and play full game world. And do Your own mistakes;)

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 08:25:57 AM »
You nearly convinced me, I will take a look at the modern times GW later on and will take my decision in the evening
Thanks for advices!

Offline vortex787

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »
I'm in a very similar situation as the thread starter. After completing my first full BW and before heading to one long-term-game a smaller minigame would be perfect for me, even if it was the some-time-ago-announced Cargo test game. So I hope that sami throws out a completely unexpected and unannounced minigame within the next couple of days so that I do not have to think all day about joining the new GW4 or waiting (a little?) longer for another minigame next Saturday. ;D

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 10:23:49 AM »
Well, a mini game lasting from 20 to 30 years would be fine.
I really not sure a 60 year long GW is what I'm aiming to do even in the future. At least if the engine is this one. There will be plenty of new views that could be created in different pages (route admin - reoute scheduling - Aircraft) that would help to work in a specific environmet that being missing takes hour to do some actions.
I was in hard difficulties with 100 planes, I cannot  even imagine what can happen with 2 thousands.

So, without a different way to manage all these details I wouldn't go for a GW longer than 30 years.

Offline knobbygb

• Members

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 07:00:28 AM »
You could always just jump into one of the long worlds and set yourself a target/limit as in "I'll play for 30 years then quit.  I'll try to built the perfect 100 aircraft regional airline in that time".  Then quit and start again in the later timedrame. You don't HAVE to stay until the end...

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 09:47:12 AM »
Right now, I'd go for GW3 and settle in Lagos. Take a few 737-500 to make lines up to Europe, maybe complete with a few 737-700(but they are so long to get) to link the UK juicy bases, and go for a third fleet type to cover smaller bases in Africa. Probably some kind of regional jet, as turboprops lack range. Within 10 years, get rid of the 737-500(don't buy any, only lease, other fleet types you can buy). There is nothing of interest beyond 3400NM of range, so 7-days schedule is not needed.

Or go full 737-500 + TU204(just for the UK)  until the C919 arrive, in the 2015s. You won't have enough planes to be killed at fleet switch, anyways.

Offline Teadaze

• Members

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 09:59:15 AM »
'I am not ready to commit to a 70 years gameworld'

what you need to be aware of is there is no obligation to run the whole 70 years. When you feel like you are ready for a new gameworld or a new type of airline, bankrupt.. restart or join a new game world.

For players who are finishing their first beginner's world. I would suggest take a look at gameworld 1 and 3. Both are quite decent world to join in right now and learn in the 'real game' environment. Try to use the base selection to your advantage to find a quiet little base. You will learn much more compare to beginner's world.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:01:29 AM by Aoitsuki »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »
+1 with aoitsuki. You will learn that bankrupcies are common, and not to be ashamed of. That it is possible to profitably run a company based in Nauru flying only Pilatus. That you can have 10 130-seaters competing on a 250 potential line. That some companies make money with 100% russian steel flying material. That it takes years to get an A320. That leaving a good line unoccupied is a call to opponents to fill it. That having a full filling of a line does not deter some opponent to fill them anyways. That price wars are more costly to the attacker than to the defender(doesn't mean they are useless, but use with extreme caution). That the big guys often fly unexpected planes. That the 4th group penalty is manageable...up to a point. That a missed plane transition can kill your company. That sometimes you are lucky & all your opponents die, and sometimes, everyone jumps on your best lines, leaving them in ruins. That the game is unfair - opponents are the ones who set up the difficulty, not Sami. That A148E on 2200NM routes when fuel prices are at 1500$ are not that much a good idea. That a company flying 4 hours a day can make 20%+ margin. And that's it's not a good idea to try to do the same.

This, plus thousands of other things, BW won't teach you. Come learn with the best(not me, I speak about GW3's big boys, Jumbo, Hoek, Bingo, and the others). Look at their setups. How their fleet is structured. How their schedules are structured. How they plan their fleet replacements. The statistics screen is a huge tool to see the best in each category, and then to look at him for gathering data. Look to the best in terms of LF, and see how wekk they perform(most of them, not very well, but they are exceptions). Look at the best in plane use, and see if they perform well(better than average, but it's a much weaker predicator than expected). Look at companies with few fleet groups, companies with many, see how quick they develop...and how quick they die. Looking at their stats, their flights, their announcements, is a mine of information on how to reach objectives.

And then, set up your objectives : be the more profitable now or later? Grab as much space as possible? Have a steady income? Make your main base a stronghold, or spread out to avoid attacks? Lease or buy when you get settled(in the beginning, leasing is a no-brainer)? Lower prices to annoy opponents or rise them up to improve profits? All those questions have no definitive answer, just you have to decide what is the most fun way to play for you.

I've got already 6 bases, but with no more than 25% market share on each(bar the very special London City). It's maybe not the best way to play, but it suits my style. It's a strategic choice. And I never, ever bankrupted(it's my second GW3, and I'm well established). But others with other strategies make better than me. Find your own style, but do it in a real environment. In beginner/intermediate games, you'll take bad habits.

And if you fail, be sure to analyze why. And "why" is never "it's unfair". The game is unfair(no more slots at Heathrow, hehehe), and other players are going to attack you, but their attacks will succeed only if you make mistakes. And you will make. Be honest enough with yourself to say "I was wrong", and you'll be good soon.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 12:50:49 PM »
Interesting point of view.
I will go and take a look at all the already started GW and will establish in the one I like most in term of opportunities due to my preferred style of play.

Tomorrow morning I wil dedicate some minutes to that.

Many thnaks

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 08:01:41 AM »
I think that I could go in GW2. Still 25 years to the end, a suitable time ti collect experience in the modern era, fighting in the GW but with no huge plans to put in action.
25 years are enough to learn a lot, but not enough to reach 2 thousands planes, so still not much complexity to handle. 200 players menas competition but it is not overcrowded ad GW3.

I pretty like GW1 also, 40 years to go and a lot of things to do. I think i'll go for GW2!

But honestly, I haven't taken a look at the situation inside the GW!!!

Offline wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 09:03:29 AM »
Whatever you decide to do, remember you get a free preview (think its 30mins) so you can join, have a look around and if your not happy leave the gameworld and get your 5c back.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.