Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Default Pricing  (Read 695 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
Default Pricing
« on: June 04, 2015, 02:47:27 AM »
911 didn't seem to effect default pricing.. I thought default pricing was calculated with some formula that included taking into account demand vs capacity and including route distance with normal inflation thrown in there at some point??  How exactly are default prices for a given route determined? And what makes them change from time to time?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:50:08 AM by ChuckPerry »

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
Re: Default Pricing
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »
9/11 is not modeled in this game. AWS pax demand is based on rl demand, and of course it went down for a couple months in several markets. Pricing in this game is very dynamic, and is the reason its suggested you adjust pricing frequently.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:15:54 PM »
I think what goes into pricing is overall cost.  Meaning cost of staff, fuel costs.  Staff costs generally go in step with inflation.  Fuel costs fluctuate up and down, but generally in step with inflation.

Additionally, you have cost of aircraft, but I don't think it figures into default prices.  Aircraft prices are affected by inflation, but even more by popularity of aircraft.

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 02:31:45 AM »
9/11 is not modeled in this game.... I TOTALLY agree with that statement!!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 05:30:33 AM »
9/11 is modelled on the global travel demand (not pricing; inflation is the relevant factor there). ref the other thread...

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Thanks Sami

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 07:57:12 AM »
Default pricing takes into account only your costs, no other factors are included. Also the market fuel price is somewhat calculated, that's why you make a sh*tload of money if you get the hedging strategy right! :) I've recently startedheding before the oil spike and also reset the default pricing... Now I'm getting good money out of that, since my prices are the same ones of my competitors but margins are way higher thanks to the hedging of fuel.

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
9/11 is modelled on the global travel demand (not pricing; inflation is the relevant factor there). ref the other thread... if you say so.. but for my airline at Orlando there was just as much 'Global Travel Demand" on 9/12 as there was on 9/11....

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 02:38:34 PM »
9/11 is modelled on the global travel demand (not pricing; inflation is the relevant factor there). ref the other thread... if you say so.. but for my airline at Orlando there was just as much 'Global Travel Demand" on 9/12 as there was on 9/11....

Demand doesn't change globally on a daily basis. It tends to happen over a game month or two. I've generally observed that October 2001 will be where things fall off a cliff, and then improve slowly month by month.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.