Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: CI not increasing  (Read 459 times)

Offline frissm

• Members
CI not increasing
« on: June 02, 2015, 10:02:12 AM »
I restarted my airline 2 real days ago and have had active marketing campaigns on but absolutely no change to overall CI.. still sitting at 30. In all my other games  I've played here I can see changes straight away with the same campaigns ticked.

Possible bug..?

Morten

Offline wildavidson

• Members
Re: CI not increasing
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »
Hi Morten, its not a bug - Recently Sami added a bit of 'help' for new airlines starting in a GW thats been up and running for a while. One of the boosts is in terms of CI. In normal circumstances a new airline's CI would start between 5 and 10 but to help new airlines their CI has an artificially high score. You wont see any rises in your CI until a time where an airline without the boost would pass the value you currently have so unlikely to increase for a few game months. You also get a boost on some RI with the same theory being true.

Offline 11Air

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:49:24 AM »
Also - Having a couple of aircraft with 70 + seats seems to give a different ceiling for your CI.
An airline with small aircraft (Beechcraft) is not going to match on with B747's.  The bigger ATR's seem to give a CI toward 50.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »
I don't think the difficulty in obtaining higher CI is the aircraft, it is the nature (and number) of the destinations.

Marketing spending is related to number of destinations being flown.  Each destination increments the amount spent (until some ceiling is hit).  So a 1000 pax route is 1 destination, 30 pax route is equally 1 destination.  The potential revenue (depending on distance etc.) of the first one may be 33x the second one, but the marketing spending increment is the same.

This means that an airline flying a single 30 pax flight to certain number of destinations would have to spend equal amount on marketing as another airline flying 500-1000 pax to the same number of destinations to get the same CI.

The problem is the percentage of revenue this amount of marketing spending is for these 2 companies.  It is going to be much larger percentage for a company flying to number of thin destinations.  It is best to not even try to go to very high CI, when flying thin, regional routes.

It is not even that necessary.  It seems to be easier to get good LF on short routes than on long routes.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:17:44 AM by JumboShrimp »

Jeerygee

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 05:24:24 AM »
I sit and try to study it for a long time.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.