Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airline value and smart purchase  (Read 599 times)

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/
Airline value and smart purchase
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
Just a question related to my airline value.

If I buy a plane worth 100.000.000 and I pay for it 100.000.000, in the time of the transaction my airline value should not change.

Does it change immediately when buy the same plane I could pay 90.000.000 for it?

putting it differently, thew plane goes in the assets following its value or with the value I paid for it?

Of course I'm talking about used planes that sometimes comes for a cheaper price than their own value.

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Airline value and smart purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 05:00:13 PM »
The concept of fair value/goodwill/mark to market on assets is not considered in the game engine. In short, your cash purchase of a plane transfers the full amount over to your long term assets at the amount paid, irrespective of market price. The assets are then depreciated from the purchase price.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 04:25:33 AM »
The concept of fair value/goodwill/mark to market on assets is not considered in the game engine.

While this is largely correct, there is one exception - fair value is used to calculate loan security amounts.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 01:19:17 AM »
Why can't there be an "bid" option for used aircraft?  Or an Auction section.  I mean even for buyers it would benefit, if say you were selling something for 60MM and no one was buying, and you had a little "Ebay page or notepad" where you can see player so and so offers 55MM, and you would be willing to sell it for that much...because at the moment it is kinda slow...when you are selling that is...And the price ranges are all over the place..

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 01:32:17 AM »
Also, I am new, only been on 2 weeks, but where are the Gulf-stream A/C?

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 01:56:53 AM »
Why can't there be an "bid" option for used aircraft?  Or an Auction section.  I mean even for buyers it would benefit, if say you were selling something for 60MM and no one was buying, and you had a little "Ebay page or notepad" where you can see player so and so offers 55MM, and you would be willing to sell it for that much...because at the moment it is kinda slow...when you are selling that is...And the price ranges are all over the place.

Because the Big Boy airlines would take the most popular aircraft every time and other players would endlessly complain
Plenty of threads on here prove this time and time again

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 01:59:36 AM »
Also, I am new, only been on 2 weeks, but where are the Gulf-stream A/C?

I am not an airplane enthusiast, but Aren't Gulf-stream more private type jets than commercial jets?...that may be the reason

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 02:46:52 AM »
Well there are more semi-private/regional airports that a smaller jet would be nice, but most likely uneconomical, but when you have an 11 or 17 seater embraer a 15-20 seater Gulfstream would be nice also..

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 03:05:53 AM »
Why can't there be an "bid" option for used aircraft?  Or an Auction section.  I mean even for buyers it would benefit, if say you were selling something for 60MM and no one was buying, and you had a little "Ebay page or notepad" where you can see player so and so offers 55MM, and you would be willing to sell it for that much...because at the moment it is kinda slow...when you are selling that is...And the price ranges are all over the place..

Let me start by saying that perhaps 90% of aircraft on the Used Market is sold by AI brokers (starts from 100% goes down gradually as more players enter the market).

For this 90%, there is already something resembling it.  AI Broker lists the aircraft.  That price stays there for some period of time, maybe a week to a month of game time, and then the AI broker lowers his asking price.  This keeps going on until it reaches some minimum, then AI Broker takes it off the market and tries to list it again later.

Now, for the remaining 10% of aircraft listed by players, you are free to PM them to negotiate the price.

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 06:42:32 AM »
Thanks Jumbo, do players negotiate?  I am new, and just curious if it is worth the time...I missread, I see you said they do, thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:51:39 AM by tise1983 »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 07:21:36 AM »
It is not common to negotiate about a single aircraft.  But you can try.  Let's say you see and aircraft sitting on the UM for a very long time, you can make an offer by PM.

But within alliances, it is a different story.  Players talk to each other about aircraft, what they need, and agree on prices etc.  And then, the aircraft gets listed privately.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.