Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Price in "Destination view" does not reflect real prices on the route  (Read 357 times)

Offline Ligo

• Members

The person who likes this post:
If I manage route prices through "destination view" as it is more convinient when I have 5-7 aircrafts on the route, I don't see the real price on the route.

Actions: For example, OEMA-OEYN route in GW3. I have the route price = 140 which is displayed in price window of "destination view" section. I increase route price to 205 from the "destination view" price management window. I renew the page.
Result: After I renew the page and try to correct price in "destination view" - I see again the price 140. If I switch to finance view I will see that the price is set to 205 on the both routes.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:24:12 AM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
It cannot show the actual prices of the routes in that window since each route to that destination might have a different price .. and in that case it's rather impossible to decide which of those prices it would show,  so instead it shows the default price there. (= really no other way to do it)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

It cannot show the actual prices of the routes in that window since each route to that destination might have a different price .. and in that case it's rather impossible to decide which of those prices it would show,  so instead it shows the default price there. (= really no other way to do it)

This is a very academic problem, since 99.9% of time, the price of all of the flights is the same.

How about showing the average price (of my flights on the route) in addition to the default price?  This way, we would have some idea where we are with pricing instead of flying completely blind.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

And additionally, on the listing page, destination view, a column showing average price vs. default price as a percentage.  95% would mean the average prices being charged are 5% below default price.

With this simple addition, pricing would become useful.  Right now, it is 1 inch short of usefulness, and this is the one inch that would make it useful.

Offline Ligo

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:

Another way of suggested by JumboShrimp is to calculate the average prace of all route prices to this destination (with no matter of a/c types) and display it. If I decide to change price I decrease it 5% for all routes. No matter what particular prices are set to different routes to this destination, They all will be reduced by 5% and a new average price will be displayed in "Destination view".

For example, if I have 8 routes to the dest and a competitor, that mean that I have to reduce price personally on each of 8 routes instead of simply to reduce price for the destination by one mouse-click. I think that would be more convinient and save time. In current state pricing management in "Destination view" seems to me quite useless.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
I think the destination view is very good, grouping all the flights.  You will find it especially useful when you do 7 day scheduling for LH flights.

What would make it really useful is:
- get rid of yield / rpk, revenue / ask from destination view, just leave these on financial view
(big space waster with nearly irrelevant info)
(all we really find out is that short is green medium is orange, long is red and also new route can also be red).
- add avg. prices as a percentage of default (a set of 6, just like LFs)
- optionally, add distance
- optionally, add RIs

I have tried to stress on several occasions that everything that has been done with pricing is unusable because of lack of manageability.  Manageability is seeing a report showing you your pricing, if you are discounting, charging premium, or on par.  What you can't see (your own price) you can't manage.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:16:03 PM by JumboShrimp »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Prices as relative to the "default" will not be introduced (discussed already previously) since the whole "default price" concept will be moved away bit by bit.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

How about as a "temporary" measure, in order to make pricing manageable, even if it does not exactly fit the long term direction?  It's just a set of expressions in the same SQL statement that already produces the Destination View, since the system already gets the COUNT of the flights.  Just add a set of AVG expressions.

Judging by the new features, backlog, it will be 2+ years before development returns to price management, and during these 2+ years, all the work that already went into pricing (as is) can actually become useful to users.

I can't phantom how I could use the current system to manage 1328 route pairs in my current GW3 (the highest in the game) with the current system, having no idea what each route is priced at.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.