Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Vote for the time frame of the next Game World #4  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Vote for the time frame of the next Game World #4
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »
so basically an accelerated jet age and then LGW in 70's....

Not sure if I like that idea.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »
One option is to do a long game from 1970s onward and then an "early days" minigame (like 1950s to 1970s)..?

For the commonality talk - please use feature rq forum's proper thread for this. I am looking for some concrete suggestions how to improve it in the future.

The ideas I posted are already in the feature request forum. That forum is locked to new topics, so would you like me to bump the relevant ideas to the top? Also, if any help is needed testing these features, I would be glad to help!
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »
Please use the existing topics of course. That's the idea .. since each relevant topic has already a thread, just reply there with your thoughts etc.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »
Ok, the two that I could locate were bumped. I always just feel weird resurrecting topics hat have not had a post in 2 years....

Edit: One of the two I bumped also contains a link to another request. Three total threads and 5 distinct ideas in those threads.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:02:23 PM by ZombieSlayer »
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »
On Sami's suggestion for a 1970 and 1950 games this seems a very good idea as the present long games are all ending in the next month or so.  I prefer to start early, gives me time to move, re-start, etc as required and have a decent base when airline demand really builds in the 60's. Perhaps 2010 could be an end date for the early starts so most games run for 60 years. An Airline Exec's working life time!

I also like the extension of type life's by demand. No politics in these games, thank you Sami, so USA can buy UK aircraft. Just need some 'fantasy' European builders into the 21st century.
Some newspaper forecasts of impending Oil Price Hikes (what do those senior execs do? they certainly don't give me many hints) would help the novice players to prepare a plan.

Having crashed out of a couple of the current long games recently it is really hard to find valid airports to start up and build anything financially valid. I've tried quite a few times.

Offline azdozer

• Members
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 10:10:35 PM »
When would the game start out of curiosity? For once I would like to start at the beginning of a game world and not have to pick though the scraps for an airport, pick though more scraps on the used market and wait 2+ years for a new airplane if I can even get to that point.

Online wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 10:29:41 PM »
When would the game start out of curiosity? For once I would like to start at the beginning of a game world and not have to pick though the scraps for an airport, pick though more scraps on the used market and wait 2+ years for a new airplane if I can even get to that point.
Read the first post in this thread - 13th June will be the start date.

Online saetta

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
I am totally with Air Azure on this. The 50 in my opinion require much skill, imagination and planning and much more commercial aviation knowledge then the 70's. i wish we could start in 1945 and struggle with DC 4, DC 3, C46, Martins, Convairs and even Languedoc's !! etc ,and let skill prevail.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:06:28 PM by saetta »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 10:58:38 AM »
Since the vote difference between 1950s and 1970s start was rather minimal, I've deciced to start the next long game world from the early 1970s (ending in 2030).

There will be a minigame with the "early days" theme starting near the end of July or start of June also (1950s to 1970s).

Offline Jona L.

• Members

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »
Well... I am with seatta on this one, the 50s-70s are a particularly difficult era, asking for a lot more skill and knowledge, thus being more challenging.

A game running for 1950 to 1979 is no big deal either, because the difficult transition happening between those scenarios is skipped.
There are plenty of open GWs, and one of them is in the late 80s now, so whoever was wishing for a 1970-20XX game could have joined that GW 10 game years ago, or wait for the new GW to pass into the 70s era.
It's absolutely not impossible to start late in a game, because some people fail to perform that transition, or drop out for whatever other reason.

The most of the public demand states that people want a 1950-2030 game. The demand for a 1970-2030 game can be satisfied with the exact same 1950s scenario as well, because there are always spots opening up, and with the new "max-player-number-system" the amount of players allowed in the GW will increase by a few dozen anyways, meaning there will be enough space to join the GW. Also with the number being relatively small in the beginning, there will (or at least should) be plenty of available airports as well.

cheers,
Jona L.

Online saetta

• Members
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 08:54:30 PM »
Well why have polls when they are not respected...saved me time and money After almost 2 years, I am not returning for now and will not till a 1950 to 2030/20 game is again offered. The mini scenario is silly...and nobody asked for it ..except it was SAMI brainchild. I had the long scenario all planned out....waste of time and energy !!!  Sounds like a banana republic poll...!!!!

Online saetta

• Members

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 09:03:08 PM »
Jona is absolutely correct ...and much more polite about it then me !!

Offline Wreck

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2015, 09:47:44 PM »
Not that I was going to play this one anyway due to time pressure, but...

136 (50+86) for the 50s start compared to 85 (14+71) for the 70s start doesn't look that close to me.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »
I'm waiting for the poll to guess how long it'll take before we see the first  "There's no good planes available" post.

Online DHillMSP

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2015, 11:08:58 PM »
I must agree with Wreck and Jona L.

The reason I've played in the current GW4 is the fact that it started in the early 50s and required multiple aircraft transitions over time - starting with props and ending with the current generation of jets. It's not easy and requires a good deal of skill and knowledge to survive and thrive to the end (which I'm happy to say, I have). For me personally it also evokes the kind of airline building that interests me. Taking two prop pushers and turning it into a global airline. I just wish it could continue past its current end of 01/01/20.

The notion of a mini-game starting in the 50s era does not come close to fitting this bill. With new aircraft, you could theoretically finish the scenario purchasing just one generation of aircraft, whenever you choose to pull that trigger (props or jets). The only real challenge is the lower number of passengers in the earlier years of the scenario.

Wreck's analysis of the poll is spot on. Raw numbers aside, it is clear that more people wanted a 50s start. Something more like the current GW4. The end date is, past today's date anyways, of less importance (at least to me). The fact that the results weren't respected (at least IMNSHO)...why ask?

If I had known that a 50s-era long campaign was not in the cards (as it has been in the past), I probably would have reduced my purchase of credits to only those that would get me through the end of the current GW4. Now, I have to decide whether I'm going to wait for months for the next scenario similar to the current GW4 or hold my nose and start in the 70s.

Online saetta

• Members

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2015, 04:48:02 AM »
Dear Sami : 1950 start 136 votes...1970 start 85 ....that is not CLOSE to me at all. It's your game ( and a good one ) but please don't ask for polls in the future...just do what you want, (which is what you did) and we will go along with if we want. It is insulting when your customers prefer a scenario almost 2 to 1 and you call it close !!! Sound like a soviet 5 year plan sprinkled  with AEROFLOT IL 12-14...whoops wrong era airplane.

Online saetta

• Members

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 06:00:21 AM »
Fellow players, many of you have been had by Sami !  Of 136 that voted for a 1950's start we have heard from 4 or 5 !?!?. This is the time to make yourself heard. The squeaky wheels gets the grease and we got castor oil. If we don't complain ...we deserve it. Apparently here customer here is not always right ...but way wrong !!
Sami has been silent, still thinking it was "close' and if he keeps silent in such an obvious dictatorial order, it will all blow away, a bit cowardly in my humble opinion. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:06:49 AM by saetta »

Offline MM21

• Members

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 06:09:40 AM »
I voted for it.

Whats the point if you start in the 70s or even 80s? You got your jet aircrafts, DC-8 Longhaul, 737/727 shorthaul. All you have to do is Collect as much planes as possible, then replace them with new generation Aircrafts like A320/737-300 and 767/A330 and thats it. YOu will keep them for another 20 years until you buy new planes of the same types to keep them another 20 years until the game is done. How boring is that?

If you start in the 50s you have to cope with lack of demand, lack of range, lack of speed etc. The A320 or 737 is not the only way to go. You can experiment and use exotic plane types, you can distinguish yourself from your competitors by having a whole different fleet serving the same purpose. not 737 vs 737, but maybe COMET vs DC-6 or even  DC-3 vs Martin 4-0-4 or wathever. The difference between you and your competitor will not how much time you pend for the game, but more focussed on your fleet startegy and choice.

Absolutely agree and I though the vote result will directly determines the next game world's setting.

However it's not. Better not to vote next time, at least nothing disappointed.

Online marke144

• Members

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »
Why ask for a vote and then ignore the results? I have no interest in a 1970's start. Very disappointing result and choice of time frame.Perhaps the time frame can be reconsidered? Thanks

Online Air Azure [President and CEO]

• Members
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:11 PM »
As you can imagine i am not happy as well about it. But I see that Sami tried to satisfy as much customers as possible with that decision. Maybe the idea goes well, and maybe more players are happy this way. I am not, but I can only speak for myself.

In the end, Sami is a business man who tries both, satisfy the needs of his customers and maximising the income. He tried to find a way to do that and this is the result. If 70% of those who voted for a 50s start are happy and 100% of those who wanted the 70s start, it is way more than when just those are happy who voted for the 50s start. As simple as that.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.