Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Duplicate noise reg warnings being spammed to inbox  (Read 207 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Duplicate noise reg warnings being spammed to inbox
« on: May 22, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
As a diligent CEO that only reads the most important of his hundreds of unread messages in each game world, upon review of ones from the nice chaps in Peru, it was observed that they were not in compliance with the CAN SPAM Act of 2003. Two separate noise regulation notices were posted to my inbox about the noise regulations being imposed in 6 months, one day apart. I believe two things are not operating as designed -

1. I expect the system was designed to only send one 6 month warning per country, however, two were sent.
2. I expect the 6 month warning to be accurate, which is technically not possible because one of the two warnings has to be incorrect by definition as the noise regulations can only be implemented 6 months from one of the dates, not both (unless, of course, this is an exercise in dividing by zero).

PS - I bet it has something to do with 31 vs 30 days in a month in that plate of spaghetti code ;-).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:58:18 PM by sami »

Offline tvdan1043

• Members
Re: Duplicate noise reg warnings being spammed to inbox
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 06:28:27 PM »
It posted twice to the in-game news feed as well.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.