Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Jakarta Airport opens, all RI0  (Read 401 times)

Offline dapianoman

• Members
New Jakarta Airport opens, all RI0
« on: May 17, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »
So the New Jakarta Airport has opened and all my routes to/from Jakarta-Kemayoran and Jakarta-Halim Perdana have been transferred but all routes now have a CI of 0 which has suddenly drastically dropped my pax and income massively. What's more, my local competitor has taken them all indicating that maybe his CI has not dropped... Is this normal? I don't think I had this issue when my routes transferred from Tokyo-Haneda to Narita...

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: New Jakarta Airport opens, all RI0
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 04:53:01 PM »
because HND-NRT open is different beast, you split your traffic often resulting starting as 0 RI regardless if you decide to stay or not.
a better comparison will be SIN opening I guess.

RI of 0 if you have monopoly it should not hit you hard  and if there is overloading competition then it will stay the same level also.

Offline dapianoman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:20:09 AM »
As an example, I have a monopoly on Jakarta to Amsterdam where I had LF of 95% before. Now, the demand has increased to where I fly just less than half of the demand and my LF dropped to around 40%...

You can also see the massive drop in my pax here: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/View/1007/162/#AirlineInfo

And the big spike in my competitor: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/View/1135/162/#AirlineInfo

Shouldn't he also have dropped too?

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »
without following you from the beginning it is hard to say what happen.

from quick observation it is normal your competition rose, the new airport he has 1300 slot in it, while you only have 500 in it. Your competition is also deploying a much larger aircraft size recently on some large demand route.
for your loss I can only assume you operated at one of the close airport. Or demand has been shuffled since the airport opened. check your route and see if any of them is not running.

A drop in LF in LH is normal due to airport switch, it will go back up very soon.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.