Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Slots lost despite of route being flown  (Read 175 times)

Offline ManbouX

• Members
[-] Slots lost despite of route being flown
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:33:54 PM »
Hello,

I've received a slot warning for my EDFH - LKPR route in Game World #3 - The Modern Times. After receiving it, I scheduled this route for an aircraft and flown this 2 times, according to the game. So far, so good.
Then I've logged in again and got a message that the slots aren't mine anymore. I'm wondering how this could happen. I've also tried to find an answer to this in the manual, but this seems to be an error within the game. It might also be that I've overlooked a new rule or something, as I haven't been around in AWS for some time now. Can someone please tell me what happened or eventually even give me the slots back or so?

Greetings, Manbou
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:03:12 PM by sami »

Online Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Slots lost despite of route being flown
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:43:35 PM »
Was it a MTWTFSS schedule or 7 separate schedules?

My guess is that it was a MTWTFSS schedule, you rescheduled after the warning, then only flew 2-3 days of the 7 days prior to the expiry date thereby losing the slots due to inactivity on the route.
If so as it is a MTWTFSS schedule you will then lose all slots
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:46:04 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:01:45 PM »
When you open a new route, you can schedule it (a new route) right away if the plane arrives in 2 weeks or less and no slots will be lost. However if there are delays in the start of the flying (like maintenance checks) it may happen that there is a long enough delay before the routes are flown, that the removal is triggered. It's a bit hard to say without knowing the exact situation with the plane and the route in question and their status.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »
When you open a new route, you can schedule it (a new route) right away if the plane arrives in 2 weeks or less and no slots will be lost. However if there are delays in the start of the flying (like maintenance checks) it may happen that there is a long enough delay before the routes are flown, that the removal is triggered. It's a bit hard to say without knowing the exact situation with the plane and the route in question and their status.

That's for that kind of situation that the "do not purchase slot" tickbox is present. I've got a few routes for which I'll receive planes in a few months. Slots not bought yet. Of course, don't do that for a flight to Heathrow...

Offline ManbouX

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 08:53:36 PM »
That's for that kind of situation that the "do not purchase slot" tickbox is present.

Right, that's what I did with this route.
And the whole situation seems to be a bit strange, as I didn't touch anything with the weekday selector or so... Anyway, thank you for your answers.

Edit: It has proven to be exactly how Kadachiman described it. Now I rebought the slots of the other five days (quite unwillingly, I have to admit ;) ), and everythings seems to be okay now. So, thank you all, again! :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:21:50 AM by ManbouX »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.