Thank you for your very detailed answers to my questions, which have brought some more tracks to my understanding of the game
!! ... I will stain to comment on your answers point by point "SHRO" and "gazzz0x2z":
1) I have perhaps a somewhat chauvinistic side, I live in France and I like to start my game on airports that are well known such Orly in game worlds starting in 1960 or even more early: but I noticed that initially there is almost no demand for the classes C and F, only to the class Y
!! ... Is this normal for all game worlds of this same type
? Does that explain why I have a small startup capital based on this airport?
In southern France, the airports demand seems more important than Orly:do you think the best strategy would be to start on one of them, and then after relocate my base in Orly? Can I then do of my old airport a secondary seat, and the new operational my new airport base ? How can I do in this case?
2) gazzz0x2z, since you have been kind enough to answer this question, because of our limited resources to begin with, we are confined to the regional flights sector, and I am aware I am compelled to have my fleet based of leased aircrafts, and in this case my strategy is to choose only aircrafts with a maximum of 15 years, and an overall technical condition of at least 90%. And of course, I would never use the A320 / A318 or even B737-800 / B737-600 for short flights of an hour, I would choose if demand is enough high, to offer several flight frequencies with smaller aircrafts . Nevertheless, I learned to my game in the regional airlines that we should not keep the planes up check D (which is actually the great technical visit) because is not only the ruinous level price to pay for the visit, but in addition it has a fixed asset of more weeks with an ATR72 aircraft type for example, and therefore deadweight losses on the many flights that are conducted
... So I resolved that a year before maturity of check D, I stop renting this aircraft for another of the same type, if possible. Is fleet commonality required when leases aircrafts
, or only when we buy them
? I read that there was the possibility to define a rental period of less than one year, but I can not find it when I try on the current game worlds
: is this a feature that was deleted
How does we manage maintenance visits D check with rental aircraft purchased? For new aircraft, is check D only occurs at least 5 years after the date of purchase? Downtime and costs are they increase with the size of the plane, it seems that it's for a month for a turbo-propeller, but how much is for ERJ 170 or even worse an A320 or B747? Are the costs of a D-check vary by manufacturers?
3) On the pricing strategy in a global way, my regional company suffered from the non revaluation of prices, while my fleet was growing and my charges and taxes followed the same path. So, what is the best strategy in this regard when we just started, and our RI capped at 40%
? I do advertising for certain lines where attendance stagnated at very low levels, and I could not make up my LF, however could it be from, and do you think it would have been suicidal in these conditions to increase tariffs
4) In terms of the daily variation in demand, I finally found that it's quite realistic and that we can't have a constant demand by day to day. And it is true that for medium-haul or long-haul, over-morning time slots or late evening are not at all appreciated, but I did not observe any negative effect on my regional aircrafts that by the week were complete at 10pm !! ... However, would you advise me to keep an interval starting with my competitors in a line from my airport base, and if so how many minutes in general?
5) With regard to my participation in the Game world 1, with a view to develop my network on European medium-haul flights, I wanted to target capitals such as London, Madrid, Berlin etc ... but every time I was disappointed, I felt almost bullied, because these airports were closed to me by lack of slots available at reasonable times
... It's why I wondered if after a few years it was possible to get more slots and include in our destinations minimal significant airports, otherwise the game is not worth the candle
? !! ...And I would be interested to know the method for keeping slot by closing lines !! ... How to do that
? !! ...
6) Now, with regard to the automatic management of the company's employees, it seemed that there was an excess recruitment of pilots and hostesses: for an ATR-72 for example, the crew consists of two pilots and one stewardess when I've seen the triple or quadruple, and with 10 aircrafts of the same type, I found myself with hundreds of employees aircrew
!! ... It may be admitted to the limit there been two crews for each aircraft of regional and medium-haul, but no more ... Is it risky to reduce aircrew, can this affect the operation of the company, or some flexibility is it possible in terms of aircrafts of short and medium-haul?
Thanks in advance for your kind answers