Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A little rant ... No sarcasm please  (Read 628 times)

Solemus

• Former member
A little rant ... No sarcasm please
« on: May 12, 2015, 03:33:13 PM »
I am going to have a little rant and please it's only a little rant so no sarcastic answers, I know what you're all like.  :laugh: :laugh:

When inviting players to join an alliance why can't you just click on the invite and reject it if you're not going to take the offer? I know it automatically disperses after a game time year, but it's so damn annoying to see the same person there knowing full well they ain't gonna join the alliance.
It takes 2 seconds of your time to reject an alliance invite so c'mon guys accept or reject.

Rant over  ;D

Rick

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
Re: A little rant ... No sarcasm please
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »
why invite someone if you haven't discussed to become part of it......

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:07:02 PM »
I made that mistake, it just seemed nicer to pm and add the invite...

Never again  ::)

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »
I just send out the invites, I don't pm anyone, because I have had loads of invites from airlines over the years I've played this game and if I don't want to accept the invite I reject it, it's called common decency in my opinion and it's only takes a second of your time.

Oh and I have pm'd the recipient after a couple of months (game time) asking them if they aren't going to accept, please could they reject the invite. I have to say I have got, around 1 in 10 replied to my request. I call that ignorance, which is so rude, I'm sorry to say.

Yes I know the invite expires after a year (game time) I reckon that should be reduced to 6 months (game time) for the people that are too ignorant to reply.

Just my opinion and I'm sorry for any upset that my opinion causes.

Rick 

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »
Yea the idea of the alliance invites is basically what mr. Kong (first name King? :P) mentioned .. One is expected to communicate the alliance invites via PM (or other means) first and not just sending out them "randomly". That's why back in the days a cancel option was never built.

But I do get the point of asking, "why not decline it then"... (some may be inactive, some may not understand it, etc.)

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 04:04:17 PM »
Yea the idea of the alliance invites is basically what mr. Kong (first name King? :P) mentioned .. One is expected to communicate the alliance invites via PM (or other means) first and not just sending out them "randomly". That's why back in the days a cancel option was never built.

But I do get the point of asking, "why not decline it then"... (some may be inactive, some may not understand it, etc.)

I know what you're saying Sami but I always check and all the ones I send out are active players and been playing the game for a while, so they do understand what's it all about and it's strange since writing this little 'rant' all the ones that have been not replying have suddenly down the right thing  ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: Thanks anyway 

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 11:55:00 PM »

Ingmar, but you can call me mr. Kong  8)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.